WANT TO START BUSINESS IN INDIAN TEXTILE INDUSTRY?
WANT TO START BUSINESS IN INDIAN TEXTILE INDUSTRY?
From fashion to home décor, the textile industry is an essential and famous one and is primarily concerned with the design, production and distribution of yarn, cloth and clothing. Now, this industry is basically either producing outputs from the raw materials that are either natural or synthetic using products of the chemical industry. The Indian textile industry is diverse and has been existing from a long period and traditional after agriculture is also the only industry that has generated huge employment for both skilled and unskilled labour in textiles. The textile industry continues to be the second-largest employment generating sector in India. It offers direct employment to over 35 million in the country.
How many textile industries are there in India?
India produces a large number of different fibres, highest being cotton, it also produces jute, silk, wool, hemp, linen, the natural fibres and nylon and rayon, the man-made ones as well. All these form different industries which are depended on different industries like agriculture, animal husbandry, mining of metals and minerals, chemical research etc.
What drives the Indian textile industry?
Well, what are its growth drivers or the reason why one can do business and earn profit in the Indian textile industry is these facts:
There is an abundance of raw material
There are entire value chains present
India has competitive manufacturing costs
Like any other industry, there is the availability of skilled manpower
You are provided with a diverse and growing domestic market
There is a rising per capita income, higher disposable incomes and preferences for brands
Last but not least, of course, is the presence of an organized retail landscape & e-Commerce
What is Textile industry?
The Textile industry is concerned with the design, production and distribution or marketing of yarn, Fabrics or ready-made clothing.
Covering everything we wear, to the bed sheets and other textiles we use daily, this industry has many business opportunities which can be profitable for new and aspiring entrepreneurs. Have a Look:
- Boutique/Showroom: Now, this business has been something you can see in the main markets of India and the small ones, one with the talent to design is suitable to start one of the most profitable retail business in India. Offering something different from the rest and yet something trending, these stories in the textile industry in India are common. This is also competitive of course, hence having a proper sense of style trends and fabrics, focus on your target audience, and the idea of offering quality and affordability is required.
- Bridal Showrooms: Marriage is a stressful affair and a huge one in India, so having worries about the bride’s dress, accessories and manoeuvring through ten thousand stores for that isn’t exactly a great option. Hence, a one-stop solution bridal store is a lucrative business. In in this era of a wedding being an event seen by everyone on social media, the wedding dress is a centrepiece and people spend a lot of money on their wedding dresses making it the most trending retail business opportunity in the clothing industry.
- Hand printed fabric clothing: It can be also known as a part of the traditional handicraft or cottage industry, hand-printed clothes, mandalas, and other textiles are not only famous in India but internationally. Today, in the modern market, they remain in high demand as they can be sold as “boho” items in the market. This nosiness requires skill in fabric art and drawing to initiate this business home based with low start-up capital investment and the online marketplace is a great platform to sell.
- Customized T-shirts printing: Another industry that is booming especially on e-commerce platforms, and through social media platforms, is customized t-shirts production. Well, it is a great business as there is an increasing day by day demand for the famous gifting options and merchandise options as well. The profitable business venture can be started with small start-up capital with a focus on selecting the right machinery according to the desired output, establishing the right network and the right location.
- Uniform Manufacturing: Unlike western school culture, many educational institutes in India and also many corporate offices which have a uniform system. This means it is a business opportunity, well, there is a competition there as well, so, if want to try the business idea and set up uniform making company, then you have to contact business supply chain uniform wholesaler, retailer and shops. Location is an important factor in this textile business.
- Rental Clothes Store: From parties to costumes for functions, one can decide to focus on certain things to start with when it comes to this business, Firstly, of course, the target audience and what they are looking for. If you believe you can procure the high-end expensive clothes and put together a store in the area where there is a demand or you can arrange costumes for children for school events and actors on the theatre stage, then you can do that. Well, one can start this business by investing a modest capital and earn a regular income depending on the nature of business they choose.