TRANQUILLITY THROUGH THE ONGOING SENSATIONS OF SURVIVAL
In the last few years, traveling has caught up like a trend far faster than it was expected to since the idea is on the ground of traveling alone. It was perceived that the idea of traveling alone may not be welcomed as quickly as it is.
The entire idea of venturing out alone has gotten on to people making them empowered and helping them discover the unknown. Travel in itself is an experience worth having, regardless of who you do it with, or if you do it with anyone at all. It’s all about getting to know the unfamiliar grounds, new cultures, meeting new people, seeing the world through a new lens. The only difference with traveling solo is that the experience gives you a chance to see through yourself, give yourself the time, a chance to do learn things from your comfortable space, in your time zone and your only.
As scary as traveling solo sounds, it’s far more liberating, life-changing, and the while putting a step in the direction may seem tough, coming back would be all the harder. Here are a few quotes that will push your further, and hopefully inspire you to a push in the right direction to overcome your fear and plan your next adventure with you;
- “To Awaken Quite Alone In A Strange Town Is One Of The Pleasantest Sensations In The World.”– Freya Stark.
- “The Man Who Goes Alone Can Start Today; But He Who Travels With Another Must Wait Till That Other Is Ready.” Henry David Thoreau.
- “Travel…The Best Way To Be Lost And Found At The Same Time.”– Brenna Smith.
- “I Travel Because It Makes Me Realize How Much I Haven’t Seen, How Much I’m Not Going To See, And How Much I Still Need To See.”– Carew Papritz.
- “To Say Yes To Life Is At One And The Same Thing To Say Yes To Oneself.”– Dag Hammarskjold.
- “The World Makes Way For The Man Who Knows Where He Is Going.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- “Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone.”– Neale Donald Walsch.
- “Not Until We Are Lost Do We Begin To Understand Ourselves.”– Henry David Thoreau.
- “In The End, We Only Regret The Chances We Didn’t Take.”– Lewis Carroll.
- “Wherever You Go, Go With All Your Heart!”– Confucius.
- “Travel Isn’t Always Pretty. It Isn’t Always Comfortable. Sometimes It Hurts, It Even Breaks Your Heart. But That’s OK. The Journey Changes You; It Should Change You. It Leaves Marks On Your Memory, On Your Consciousness, On Your Heart, And On Your Body. You Take Something With You. Hopefully, You Leave Something Good Behind.”– Anthony Bourdain.
- “Half Of The Fun Of Travel Is The Aesthetic Of Lostness.” – Ray Bradbury
- “I Love The Feeling Of Being Anonymous In A City I’ve Never Been Before.”
- “One’s Destination Is Never A Place, But A New Way Of Seeing Things.” – Henry Miller
- “Travel Far Enough, You Meet Yourself.”– David Mitchell.
- “A Person Susceptible To “Wanderlust” Is Not So Much Addicted To Movement As Committed To Transformation.”– Pico Iyer.
- “Travel Doesn’t Become Adventure Until You Leave Yourself Behind.”– Marty Rubin.
- “The Real Voyage Of Discovery Consists Not In Seeking New Landscapes, But In Having New Eyes.”– Marcel Proust.
- “Climb The Mountain So You Can See The World, Not So The World Can See You.”– David McCullough Jr.
- “Traveling Allows You To Become So Many Different Versions Of Yourself.”
- “The Journey Not The Arrival Matters.”– T.S. Eliot.
- “We Travel, Some Of Us Forever, To Seek Other States, Other Lives, Other Souls.”– Anais Nin.
There will always be a few roads that you will have to travel alone, and take a solo trip to know what is it worth. Make your next trip count, we hope we have encouraged you enough to take a trip alone and see what lies ahead on the road for you, how many pandora’s box can you open and how insightful will it make you feel, make it count.