RICHEST SPORTSMEN IN THE WORLD
Pro athletes make millions of dollars and the key reason is that we love watching their games. These events are various sources to get funded by and the players so too with blockbuster TV contracts and soaring endorsement deals from shoe giants like Nike and Adidas. In the past decades, there have been various names that have been added to the list of the richest sportsmen around the world. From Vince McMahon with Net Worth of $2.2 Billion, a former American professional wrestler and current majority owner, chairman and CEO of WW to Ion Tiriac and many more, the list goes on. Here, we have stated the richest sportsman in the world.
- Ion Tiriac: With the net worth of $2 Billion is a Romanian former professional tennis and ice hockey player. Playing and honouring these two sports professionally, he now owns the Mutua Madrid Open Tennis Tournament along with managing Lucas Pouille, a French professional tennis player.
“I have every single Ferrari that came out. I have all the Mercedes they came out with, all the Jaguars they came out with, all the Porsches they came out with.” – Ion Tiriac
- Michael Jordan: The legendary leader who has played 15 seasons in the NBA, winning six championships with the Chicago Bulls has a net worth of $1.9 Billion in today retired professional basketball players and a huge brand himself has now become the principal owner of the Charlotte Hornets.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
- Tiger Woods: Making his name in the list of the richest Athletes with a net worth of $800 Million, Tiger Woods is an American professional golfer, and one of the highest-paid athletes in the world every year. This notorious and famous athlete estimated to be $740 million.
“I get to play golf for a living. What more can you ask for – getting paid for doing what you love.” – Tiger Woods
- Michael Schumacher: With the net worth of $600 Million, the German former race car driver in the Formula One, Schumacher is a name that everyone is familiar with. One of the greatest Formula One drivers of all time has been the only one to win seven Formula One World Championships, five of which he won consecutively.
“When you start in a team, you have to get the teamwork going and then you get something back.” – Michael Schumacher
- Magic Johnson: An American former professional basketball player with net worth of $600 million, Magic Johnson played in the NBA for the LA Lakers for 13 seasons and won numerous awards as a player, which put him into the NBA hall of fame and presently Magic is president of basketball operations for the Los Angeles Lakers.
“Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates.” – Magic Johnson
- Kobe Bryant: Recently deceased Kobe Bryant was one of the richest athletes with a net worth of $500 Million is an American former professional basketball player who played all 20 seasons of his career in the NBA with the LA Lakers, and held the record for the longest number of seasons with one team.
“I’ll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it’s sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.” – Kobe Bryant
- LeBron James: While his fellow richest athletes in this list are former athletes, LeBron James has a net worth of $480 Million is an American professional basketball player in the NBA for the Cleveland Cavaliers. LeBron remains in the game and is considered with other legendary names being one of the greatest basketball players of all time, and his net worth reflects this statement.
“There is a lot of pressure put on me, but I don’t put a lot of pressure on myself. I feel if I play my game, it will take care of itself.” – LeBron James
- Cristiano Ronaldo: A name that defines the game for many, Ronaldo needs no introduction as this Portuguese professional footballer, currently playing for Real Madrid FC, and the Portuguese National team has been regarded as the best footballer in the world, and constantly fights with Lionel Messi for this title.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s net worth is $460 million and his motivating words are, “Many people look at me and think they know me but they don’t at all. This is the real me. I am a humble person, a feeling person. A person who cares about others, who wants to help others.” – Cristiano Ronaldo
- David Beckham: $450 Million of net worth is owned by David Beckham, who is an English former professional footballer. He played the majority of his career for English team Manchester United, and of course the England National team. Beckham played for different clubs during his career including Preston North End, Real Madrid, Milan, LA Galaxy, and Paris Saint-Germain and a movie was even produced around his signature kick, titled “Bend It Like Beckham”.
“The spotlight will always be on me, but it’s something I’m learning to live with as the years go by.” – David Beckham
- Lionel Messi: The last but not the least in the list of richest athletes is Lionel Messi who has a net worth of $400 Million. The Argentine professional footballer, and considered one of the best footballers in the modern game and presently plays for Barcelona FC and the Argentina national team. His net worth makes him the 3rd richest soccer player in the world, and 18th on the list of richest athletes.
“You can overcome anything, if and only if you love something enough.” – Lionel Messi
These richest sportsmen in the world are inspiring role models for billions of people who love sports and enjoy watching their favourite players do what they are best at.
Also Read: Facebook and all its acquisitions