EASY WEIGHT LOSS WITH PROTEIN BASED DIET
Well, we all have listened and read about a various method for losing weight and amidst of all these methods, one is consuming a protein diet that can help one lose weight naturally. Essential nutrition that plays a crucial role in building blocks of organs, muscles, skin, hormones and pretty much everything that matters in the body.
Thus, eating a healthy protein-rich diet or including high-quality protein in every meal is an initiative one should take to improve their health in various ways, such as helping one lose weight and belly fat while increasing their muscle mass and strength. Besides a popular way of easy weight loss, a diet rich in protein also lowers blood pressure and fights diabetes.
- Eggs: Regarded as one of the healthiest and nutritious food, whole eggs are loaded with vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, eye-protecting antioxidants and brain nutrients that most people don’t get enough of along with being a key ingredient for easy weight loss. Why the egg whites are preferred more, than whole eggs? The answer is that it is whole eggs are high in protein, but egg whites are almost pure protein.
- Protein content in Eggs: 35% of calories in a whole egg. 1 large egg has 6 grams of protein, with 78 calories.
- Almonds: A popular type of tree nut loaded with important nutrients, including fibre, vitamin E, manganese and magnesium. It can be added in the diet in various forms.
- Protein content: 13% of calories. 6 grams per ounce (28 g), with 161 calories.
- Pistachios (13% of calories) and cashews (11% of calories).
- Chicken Breast: One of the most popular protein-rich foods, chicken breast if consumed without the skin, the majority of calories in it comes from protein. A very easy to cook, and tastes delicious if you do it right, the ingredient can be added in various recipes used for easy weight loss.
- Protein content: 80% of calories. 1 roasted chicken breast without skin contains 53 grams, with only 284 calories.
- Oats: Usually included in the list of the healthy breakfast items, oats are one of the healthiest grains on the planet. They are loaded with healthy fibres, magnesium, manganese, thiamine (vitamin B1) and several other nutrients that are best if one wants to avoid eating regularly and be full in one bowl for long period which will eventually aid the process of easy weight loss.
- Protein content: 15% of calories. Half a cup of raw oats has 13 grams, with 303 calories.
- Cottage Cheese: Usually consumed in traditional Indian cuisine, Cottage Cheese or Paneer is a type of cheese that is very low in fat and calories. while it is famous for being loaded with calcium, phosphorus, selenium, vitamin B12, riboflavin (vitamin B2) and various other nutrients.
- Protein content: 59% of calories. A cup (226 g) of cottage cheese with 2% fat contains 27 grams of protein, with 194 calories.
- Parmesan cheese (38% of calories), swiss cheese (30%), mozzarella (29%) and cheddar (26%).
- Greek Yogurt: A thick or strained yoghurt that is delicious, Greek yogurt has a creamy texture and is high in many nutrients which is good for easy weight loss. The effect of the Greek yoghurt can be boosted if it has chosen to consume without added sugar. Those looking for full-fat Greek yoghurt, well, it is also very high in protein but contains more calories.
- Protein content: Non-fat Greek yoghurt has protein at 48% of calories. One 6-ounce (170-gram) container has 17 grams of protein, with only 100 calories.
- Milk: The highly nutritious ingredient and a rich source of protein, Milk is also what a huge percentage of the world’s population is intolerant to. However, if you tolerate milk and enjoy drinking it, then milk can be an excellent source of high-quality protein and a good option to be consumed as it has almost every single nutrient needed by the human body and can provide several impressive health benefits.
- It is particularly high in calcium, phosphorus and riboflavin (vitamin B2).
- Protein content: 21% of calories. 1 cup of whole milk contains 8 grams of protein, with 149 calories.
- Lentils: A common food in Indian household, a type of legume, lentils are high in fibre, magnesium, potassium, iron, folate, copper, manganese and various other nutrients. The world’s best sources of plant-based protein, and are an excellent food for vegetarians and vegans. Replace the heavy meal with a bowl of lentil for easy weight loss.
- Protein content: 27% of calories. 1 cup (198 g) of boiled lentils contains 18 grams, with 230 calories.
- Other High-Protein Legumes
- Soybeans (33% of calories), kidney beans (24%) and chickpeas (19%).
- Pumpkin Seeds: The edible seeds in pumpkins are incredibly high in many nutrients, including iron, magnesium and zinc.
- Protein content: 14% of calories. 1 ounce (28 g) has 5 grams of protein, with 125 calories.
- Other High-Protein Seeds
- Flax seeds (12% of calories), sunflower seeds (12%) and chia seeds (11%).
- Fish (All Types): One of the high sources of protein, fish is incredibly healthy, for various reasons. Being an ingredient loaded with important nutrients, Fish also tends to be very high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- Protein content: Highly variable. Salmon is 46% protein, with 19 grams per 3-ounce (85 g) serving and only 175 calories.
Consuming a protein-rich diet is usually overrated but these are very simple ingredients that one can include in their diet to allow building and repairing of tissues along with easy weight loss. These ingredients help in keeping one full without the intake of unnecessary calories as well.