Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you visit our website(s) just to browse, read pages or download information, but do not register for any of our services, we gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information cannot and does not identify you personally.
The kind of information that is gathered automatically include the type of browser you are using (e.g. Netscape, Internet Explorer), the type of Operating System you are using (e.g. Windows ’98 or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet Service Provider (e.g. America Online, Satyam Online, Mantra Online, VSNL), the date and time of your visit and the pages you visit. We sometimes use this non-personally identifiable information to improve our website(s) design, content and primarily to give you a better browsing experience.
Personal Information Collected
We collect personal information from you only if you provide it voluntarily. The type of personally identifiable information that may be collected by us include name, address, e-mail address and information about your interests in and use of various services. The information you provide is not given or sold to any private organisations or private persons.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites and Sponsors
Our website(s) sometimes contain links to other websites whose privacy policies may be different to ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. We also use a reputable third party to serve the advertisements that you see on our pages. In the course of serving advertisements, our third-party advertiser may place or recognise a unique “cookie” on your browser and may use information (not including your name, address, e-mail address) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
If a user opts out of using the Ads Settings, the unique DoubleClick cookie ID on the user’s browser is overwritten with the phrase “OPT_OUT”. Because there is no longer a unique cookie ID, the opt-out cookie can’t be associated with a particular browser.
Links to Other Sites
Questions/ Grievance Redressal
Redressal Mechanism: Any complaints, abuse or concerns with regards to the processing of information provided by you or breach of these terms shall be immediately informed on [email protected]
We request you to please provide the following information in your complaint:
1. Full name along with postal residential address, email id and cell number
2. Title & date/ link of news report, article or content which is the subject matter of the complaint including identification of information provided by you
3. Clear Statement as to whether the information is personal or sensitive personal information
4. Specify what supporting documents if any are relied upon and attached
5. A declaration that whatever information and/or documents are submitted with the complaint are true, complete and current in all respects and nothing therein is false
6. A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate, and that the information being complained about belongs to you
The company shall not be responsible for any communication, if addressed, to any non-designated person in this regard. Please note that complaint must be from someone personally and directly affected by the matter which forms the subject matter of the complaint. It must not be vexatious, trivial or argumentative
A cookie is a small data file that is written to your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. A cookie file can contain and/or automatically collect information, such as a user identification code or IP address, that a website will use to track the pages and number of times you have visited. The data read from these cookies may be linked to personally identifying (PII) and non-personally identifying (non-PII) information.
- providing you tailored content and advertisements
- enabling social media features
- safeguarding against spam and malware
- analysing trends, traffic, and user behaviour
- administering the website
- gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole
- tracking web and advertising analytics throughout the Site and its affiliate websites
- remembering your preferences and voluntarily-submitted information (e.g. custom video playlists, preferences, job title, story ratings, membership status)
- performing location-related functionalities and analytics
- participating in market research (e.g., website ratings), and educating ourselves about how we can continue to improve the Site and its various elements