EXTRACLASS, A REWARDING ONLINE LEARNING PLATFORM FOR STUDENTS
India’s education market is projected to be USD 101 billion in 2020 with approximately, out of which 550 million Indians are below the age of 25. Rising aspirations and failing quality of mainstream education has over the years resulted in 71 million school going kids to drop out of tuition classes.
India’s private tuition market is slated to grow from USD 16 billion in 2017 to USD 25 billion in 2020. Indian parents spend 11- 12% of their family income on tuition fees. And in a scenario that is enveloped in such a hassle, swiftly pacing towards growth and popularity are ventures like extraclass.com that provide free learning content to anyone between the age of 5 to 25 years and charge only for services like home tuition, counselling services, admission help, etc.
Started by a group of IITian’s, Extraclass is a combined idea of Persainjit Singh, CEO-Co-Founder and Prakash Gupta, COO-Co-founder. It is a social online learning platform that curates services for students, parents, and teachers, the start-up is thriving today. The basic problem that the majority of parents struggle with is the lack of motivation and interest in kids towards studying.
THE BRAINS BEHIND THE IDEA
Persainjit Singh, CEO-Co-Founder is a seasoned management consultant with more than 12 years of consulting, industry and ed-tech experience. He has envisioned and created a digital learning platform which is used by more than 1 lac students in India.
Prakash Gupta, COO-Co-founder is well recognized in the coaching industry as an exemplary teacher and an authority in Mathematics teaching, his vision and dedication of over 12 years have resulted in more than 10,000 students to crack IIT-JEE exam.
“We have tried to solve this problem by creating a gamified reward system based learning application that links students’ efforts to emoluments. Extraclass provides free Study material to class 1-12 just by downloading their app. Their motive is to serve education to all” added the Co-Founders.
They aim at making education more accessible and free by building an innovative learning platform that promotes self-study by placing students at the heart of everything they do. This platform provides a great learning experience which enables the kids to secure better marks in school and get rewarded for it. Extraclass.com wants every student to get a fair chance of getting admission into the most coveted engineering and medical institutes in India by creating and curating best content and enabling parents to measure efforts along with outcomes.
SERVICES ON OFFER
Among a plethora of services that Extraclass offers to make education easily available on an online platform here are a few;
· Video Lectures: Interactive, engaging and explanatory byte-sized animated and classroom video lessons will help the students learn concepts faster and retain them longer.
· Practice Question Bank: Practice deepening your understanding of concepts by solving high-quality questions with detailed solutions to make the real exam seem like no big deal.
· Adaptive Assessment & Test Series: Created by experts our test series truly challenge you to get it right. Extraclass creates a real exam like atmosphere for you to score better.
· Get Rewarded for Studying: Extraclass encourages and rewards hard work. Students collect points while studying which they can redeem for buying cool stuff and experiences.
“Indian parents are generally habitual of monitoring performance in terms of marks and not intervening in the daily progress of students. Our platform empowers parents with the necessary information to guide their kids and enable them to measure effort and not just outcomes. We engage and encourage parents’ to participate in their child’s journey to success rather than just celebrating success” emphasize the Co-Founders.
Extraclass.com helps students prepare for all school, college and competitive entrance examinations;
· Foundation courses for Class 8, Class 9, Class 10, CBSE boards, NTSE, KVPY, and Olympiads
· Engineering exams: JEE MAINS, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, VITEEE
· Medical exams: AIPMT, NEET, AIIMS, AFMC
· Foreign University Admission: SAT, GRE, GMAT, and IELTS etc.
· Management Entrance Exams: CAT etc.
· Government Jobs Exams: Bank PO, Railways, SSC, UPSC etc.
The learning platform has a vast target audience to cater, as of now, there are approximately 300 million school going students. They also have successfully managed to raise $300K angel Funding Round and generated revenues of more than $250K. Extraclass.com is actively looking to raise more funds in the second half of the year 2019 to maximize on recent momentum and expand its service offerings.
The Co-Founders further added “We have strived to develop a personalized learning platform that puts air beneath the student’s wings making learning a more thought-provoking, accessible, enjoyable, and free process. To top it up, ensure that the students are rewarded for studying on the extraclass.com platform as well.”