The Unique Board advisory firm of India: ‘Transjovan Capital’
With a vision to transform the way businesses function for the emerging and potential market leading companies, Transjovan Capital was incorporated in 2011. Transjovan Capital is a premier new-age Board Advisory firm, focused on providing advice to clients pertaining to Corporate Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Joint Ventures (JV), Capital-raising (Equity & Debt) and Organization Development.
With offices in New Delhi and Mumbai, the Firm is a preferred Board-advisor for emerging as well as established corporates. The Firm’s team has advised clients spread across SMEs, large Indian Conglomerates, Institutional Investors, Fortune 500 Corporations, Government Authorities and New Ventures.
The company is an integrated Board advisory firm. Its key service offerings are:
- Board Advisory: for companies/investors looking for a holistic evaluation of their business/portfolio ventures.
- Capital-raising: for companies looking to raise funds (private equity, venture capital, debt, structured finance, etc.).
- M&A Advisory: for companies looking to induct a Strategic investor or looking to acquire target companies.
- Business Plan Advisory: for companies/investors seeking assistance in the preparation of their business plan and strategic roadmap.
- Business Valuation: for companies seeking assistance in valuing their business or projects.
- Joint Venture Advisory: for companies looking for JV partners.
- Business Performance Improvement: for companies interested in enhancing their business performance (i.e., revenues, profitability, etc.).
- Real Estate Valuation: for companies interested in valuing their Real Estate portfolio.
- Market Feasibility Study: for companies/investors interested in checking the commercial viability of their products or service offerings in the marketplace.
- Entry Strategy Study: for companies/investors interested in preparing a detailed strategic and implementation roadmap for entering a new market or launching a new product or service offering.
- Organization Development: for companies looking to strategize their organization development plan, with a focus on their human resources front.
- Business Due Diligence: for companies interested in preparing a Ready-for-Investment plan before undertaking an M&A or fund-raising process; and, for investors interested in conducting business due diligence on a target company.
- Business Process Modeling: for companies interested in becoming process-driven corporations to embark on a faster growth trajectory and to improve organizational efficiency.
- Corporate Workshops: for companies interested in developing or enhancing skills of their employees, it conducts corporate workshops.
Transjovan Capital’s voice about its unique services
“We are a one-of-its-kind Board advisory firm. No consulting firm in India provides our kind of services with the blend of high quality and reasonable pricing under a single umbrella” mentions Gaurav Asthana, Managing Partner.
Some key differentiators that Transjovan Capital’s clients benefit from are:
Partnership approach to Consulting: most consulting firms look at shorter-term engagements, whereby they provide advice, submit report and conclude their participation – many-a-times, leaving the Promoter/CEO with the report to be best-kept on the bookshelf and with limited actionable. Transjovan’s engagements are longer term, as they prefer to hand-hold clients through the implementation phase as well.
‘Pay-as-you-go’ pricing model: provides better visibility on the engagement progress to clients and is easy-on-their-budgets.
Performance-focused engagements: Transjovan team has advised on USD 1+ Bn worth transactions and has access to over 250 PE/VC investors and financial institutions globally. Post-their intervention, the client companies have observed significant business performance improvement.
Leverage the varied experience: Transjovan team has helped companies in building businesses (e.g., assisted new ventures), in scaling up businesses (e.g., advised established SMEs) and in transforming businesses (e.g., advised on turnarounds and M&A for diversified conglomerates). Their clients can leverage their varied experience across different stages of company’s evolution cycle.
Expert advisory panel: clients can avail Transjovan’s access to some of the best industry veterans as Subject Matter Experts for their respective industries.
The firm has one of the finest and experienced corporate planning & leadership team in India. More than 80 clients (including domestic and overseas) have been assisted by Transjovan Capital. Currently, the firm is advising across growth sectors like Adtech, Fashion commerce, Retail, Education, Foodtech, Logistics, Real Estate, Renewable Energy, Financial Services, Engineering, Infrastructure, etc.
Some select clients assisted by Transjovan Capital include:
- Assetz Property Group
- Eavan Fashion
- Konark Group
- Rave India
- CKB Logistics
- DS-MAX Properties
- Kumar Printers
The firm has achieved remarkable milestones since its inception, some key ones being:
- Achieved revenue growth of 5x within last 5 years.
- widely recognized and acknowledged by media and industry
- Engagements delivered across 50+ locations in India and select international assignments.
- Steered 80+ prestigious clients across sectors in their ‘business transformation’ journeys.
- High repeat business from new clients, in addition to existing retained client accounts.
- Post-Transjovan’s intervention, 75%+ improvement observed in the Sales & Profitability of client businesses.
Awards & Recognitions
Transjovan Capital team has been a leading award getter and has been appreciated consistently over the years. The firm was recognized amongst “25 Most Promising Financial Consulting firms in India” in 2014 as well as amongst “25 Most Promising M&A Advisory firms in India” in 2015.
We, at the CEO Magazine, commend the good work being done by Transjovan Capital and are pleased to acknowledge it amongst the fastest growing BFSI companies in India.
Profile of Managing Partner
Mr. Gaurav Asthana (Managing Partner)
Mr. Gaurav Asthana has the responsibility of providing overall strategic direction to the firm and leading the management. He has significant experience in Investment Banking, Venture Capital & Private Equity advisory and Strategy Consulting industry.
Prior to his current mandate, Gaurav was heading the Investment Banking vertical of one of the largest advisory firms in India. In the past, Gaurav has had stints at Big Four consulting firms (Ernst & Young, KPMG) as well. He had advised on several Corporate Strategy assignments, M&A, Joint Venture and Fund -raising (debt & equity) transactions. He is also a Member of the Institute of Directors (an apex body of directors in India representing business, industry and government) and a Life Member of the Delhi Management Association. Gaurav has advised various large Indian conglomerates (including business houses like Tata, Mahindra, Essar), Fortune 500 corporations, SMEs, Institutional investors (including Blackstone Private Equity), Government authorities as well as new ventures. He has been interviewed by leading media publications and has been a participant at various leadership forums & conferences.