A catalyst empowering the growth of India’s leading Biotech Research spectrum: GeneX India Bio Science
A sun-rising sector in India, the biotechnology industry is on a strong growth track. Compromising of about 800 companies, the industry is positioned amongst the top 12 biotech destinations of the globe. Termed as one of the fastest growing knowledge-based sectors, the industry has been constantly contributing in framing India’s boosting economy. Ushered by innovative technology, robust R & D facilities, and other comparative advantages, the industry holds immense potential to shine on the global landscape. A major contributor in shaping India’s biotechnology expertise, GeneX India Bio Science has been playing a key role in sustaining industry’s growth while addressing the needs of Biotechnology Research Institutes, Molecular Diagnostic Labs, Bio-pharmaceutical R&D labs and Contract Research Organizations. The foundation of the organization that has PAN India operations was laid back under the directorship of Mr. Felix Paul Joe in 2004 with a vision of establishing a global professional leader to cater the Biotech Research needs to various scientific institutes and industries. A first generation Entrepreneur, Felix is armed with a Masters in Life Science and Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from the University of Madras and Madras Productivity Council. After he earned a decade old expertise in his field through his stint at various biotech companies as a part of his learning process, he gave wings to his entrepreneurial dream, a dream that he had nurtured since a long stretch. With intent to create and run an organization that would be primarily driven by its values, Felix Paul brewed up GeneX India Bioscience in 2004. His conviction that the firm’s business model makes a profound and positive impact on the lives of various people doing research, he along with his team is now focusing on scaling the firm to global benchmarks.
Carving out a niche as a differentiator
Initially incorporated as a distributor of cell culture products, GeneX India later added molecular diagnostic and complete biotechnology research products in its gamut. In 2009, the organization got recognized as a Private limited company, GeneX India Bioscience Pvt. Ltd. Sculpting its journey as a pioneer, GeneX India has successfully positioned itself as a middleman fostering premium quality products, scientific and technical support between premium biotech solution providers in Europe, USA, UK and Indian Researchers who work across the field of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology & proteomics. GeneX India nestles a robust team of 23 scientifically qualified professionals having proficiencies and capabilities to market, conduct workshops, seminars and provides solutions to Scientists & Research scholars to complete their research. Over the years the organization has mastered its mettle in complete workflow with products and solutions, namely Cell Biology, Real-Time PCR, Epigenetics, Next generation sequencing & protein biology.
With its Head office located at Chennai and a branch office at Bangalore, GeneX takes pride in sharing its exhaustive offerings to a clientele of 200 (more than 4000 end-users)which includes premium research institutes, Major Universities, Premium Hospitals, Bio-Pharma & Contract Research Organizations (CRO). The organization has established its niche as the best-in-class partners for major clients like Biocon Pharmaceuticals, Dr Reddy’s laboratories, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), IIT – Indian Institute of Technology, Tata Medical Centre, Indian Institute of Science, National Centre for Biology Sciences (NCBS), Centre for DNA Fingerprinting & Diagnostics (CDFD), Christian Medical College, Vellore, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) Trivandrum and National Institute of Research in Tuberculosis (NIRT) Chennai.
GeneX Chronoscope: Nurturing relationships
Over a stint of 14 years, the organization has harvested long-term relationships with leading industry veterans. Let’s have a glance:
- Signed with PAN Biotech Germany in August 2004 for Cell Culture Products, established an exclusive relationship with them.
- In 2005 additionally signed with Eurogentec, Belgium a Real-time PCR solution provider at the dawn of Real-time PCR technology and the market booming in India, GeneX Introduced Eurogentec and provided solutions to the scientific community thereby increasing the turnover.
- In 2005 Signed with world-renowned protein Biology Company PIERCE Biotechnology USA (Now part of Thermo Scientific) through which GeneX made a good entry into all proteomic labs increasing their business drastically
- Signed with Diagenode, Belgium, a world leader for Epienetics.
- Signed with Analytik Jena, Germany, a manufacturer of High throughput Molecular biology Instruments in 2013
- Signed with Polyplus, France, a specialist in DNA & RNA transfection in 2013.
- Signed with ibidi, Germany in 2014 for high-quality lab-ware for high-resolution live cell imaging, gave entry into all central microscopic facilities.
- Signed with MiltenyiBiotec, Germany, a“world renowned company for Magnetic cell sorting” in 2014.
- Established a sister Concern MagGene in 2014 at Bangalore to associate with MagBio Genomics, USA and exclusively focus on DNA Sequencing Market with their para-magnetic bead-based technology.
- Signed with PEPerPRINT, Germany in 2017, an exclusive peptide microarray company with the best ever laser printed arrays for auto-antibody researchers and diagnostics
- Signed with MonMouth Scientific UK in 2018 to target all existing industries & institutes with their high-class Biosafety Cabinets.
GeneX has attended all mainstream lab training and sessions in cell biology, Molecular biology, epigenetics and protein biology at the principal facilities every year to keep a pace of the technologies and to share the know-how to the clientele there by establishing a big market and good relationship. All these years, they have been a part of all major Genomics, Cell Biology, Biochemistry and cancer biology Conferences across India.
Awards & Accolades
- Epitomics USA Outstanding sales performance award – 2010 & 2011
- Special Recognition award Thermo Fisher Scientific – 2016
- Miltenyi Biotec – Best sales performance award – 2015, 2016 & 2017
- Diagenode Belgium – Excellence in Antibody Sales – 2017
- Special recognition awards from the University of Madras, University of Kerala, Yenepoya University Mangalore and Acharya Institute of Technology Bangalore for various workshops and training conducted.
Since its inception, the organization has vested its presence as a catalyst for all major Genomics, Cell Biology, Biochemistry and cancer biology Conferences across India. Reaching a vista, GeneX’s plans for its future voyage includes:
- Sustaining the established brand image and to reach global benchmarks on scientific support and adding values to Biotech Research initiatives.
- To establish a Contract Research Lab, as a high-end core facility, focused on Genomics & DNA sequencing, to begin with and later move on to proteomics. The goal is to provide services to small biotech researchers and in parallel economic solution provider for the high throughput time-bound big-biotech projects.
“Business problems have always been present from the beginning in different forms rather evolving. But has never been a road blocking rather more a challenge of how to overcome. Some of the problems, which have been prevailing all through, are Price war from MNC’s, merger & acquisitions, grey market sales. These problems have only one good solution and that is to be “scientifically & technically strong” and provide good scientific & service support there-by differentiating from competitors. Creating credibility with the clients is what we have been doing all these years and will continue doing it as it has yielded results always.”
Felix Paul Joe
Felix has also gone through exclusive product training and lab sessions at many international labs and Forums as a part of the job responsibility and practice to closely work with many Centers for Excellence labs across India. He has always been a part of all prominent science congresses across the country.