AKUMS DRUGS & PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
Ensuring Longer, Healthier, And Happier Lives
A trusted partner to leading pharmaceutical companies, Akums—India’s largest contract manufacturing organisation—is on a mission to deliver quality healthcare to the world
The Indian Pharmaceutical market is expected to become the third largest in the world by the year 2020 at a consolidated value of more than US$ 55 billion. Spearheading this growth is Akums Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Ltd., India’s largest contract manufacturing organisation that manufactures 11-12% of all drugs consumed in India. The organization is led by Mr. Sanjeev Jain and Mr. Sandeep Jain (Co-founder, Directors) and offers a comprehensive range of services starting from formulation development to market launch all en suite.
Akums began its journey in the year 2004 with a single manufacturing facility Plant 1 at Haridwar. In the following years the company grew exponentially, adding a new manufacturing facility almost every year. Today the company offers world class manufacturing services at its 11 state-of-the-art facilities which include:
- Plant 1: Oral Dosage Forms—Tablets,Hard gelatin capsules, Soft gel Capsules, Powders
- Plant 2: Liquid Dosage Forms—Syrups, Solutions, Suspensions, Oral Jellies
- Plant 3: Sterile Parenterals—Liquid Injections, Dry Powder Injections, Eye/Ear/Nasal Drops, Lyophilized Injections
- Plant 4: Hormonal Preparations—Tablets, Hard/soft gelatin capsules, Injectables, Liquid Orals, Topicals
- Plant 5: Derma-Cosmetics—Ointments, Creams, Gels, Pastes, Lotions, Shampoos, Face packs, Scrubs
- Plant 6: US-NSF Approved Dedicated Ayurvedic, Herbal and Nutraceutical facility—Tablets, Liquids, Hard gelatin capsules, Soft gel Capsules, Powder in Sachet
- Plant 7: Multi capability facility—Oral Solids, Parenterals, Topical, FFS Pkg (Sterile and non-sterile)
- Plant 8: Dedicated Penicillin facility—Tablets, Capsules, Dry Syrups
- Plant 9: Dedicated Cephalosporins facility—Tablets, Capsules, Dry Syrups, Ready to drink syrups
- Plant 10: Multi capability facility—Oral Solids, Parenterals, Topical
- Plant 11: Multi capability facility—Oral Solids, Parenterals, Topical
Quality solutions under one roof
As the country’s largest finished drug manufacturer, the company is responsible for the health and well-being of millions of individuals. It takes this responsibility very seriously, ensuring that every dosage unit that leaves their sites lives up to the most stringent quality standards. Akums facilities’ are accredited with world class quality certifications such as WHO-GMP, ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, NABL, HACCP, GLP, US-NSF and many more. In addition, the units have also been certified for efficacy, safety, and quality by drug regulators from several countries like ANVISA (Brazil), NAFDAC (Nigeria), Philippines etc.
The companies sustained adherence to quality and compliance has helped develop a unique brand in an otherwise crowded industry. It enjoys a unique market position wherein top pharma companies trust it with their largest brands.
Manufacturing Partner of Choice
Akums is more than your usual CMO—its services span across pre-formulation testing, new formulation development, and novel drug delivery systems (NDDS), bio-equivalence studies, clinical trials, drug regulatory approvals and much more. The company also offers technology transfer, in-licensing and many other flexible working models.
Owing to its strong commitment towards ethics and fair dealing in business practices, Akums has emerged as an integrated solution provider for companies seeking specific development and business goals. The company is a preferred business partner to more than 500 blue chip companies around the world.
R&D is the Future
As a manufacturing partner of choice to 90 out of the top 100 pharma companies, along with scores of smaller organisations, Akums offers 3,500+ formulations across all therapy areas including animal health. Akums also has 630 DCGI-approved formulations along with another 200 awaiting approval.
The R&D teams at Akums keep a close tab on the healthcare landscape and continuously adapt to deliver customized solutions. Akums has on offer several proprietary delivery platforms for better drug solubility, bioavailability, permeability, penetration rate and taste. Some of our proprietary platforms include:
- Do Wel Technology: For less viscous, less painful injections
- Fast Absol Technology: Fast onset of action and stable release profiles
- Spornam Technology: Polysaccharide coating for prebiotic stability
- Mizet Technology: Enhanced absorption of lipophilic drugs
Apart from offering standard dosage forms, the company offers specialized formulations with a variety of controlled-release mechanisms. These technologies can be applied to a number of products to enhance the patient drug experience:
- Aqueous Injections
- Preservative Free Formulations
- Bilayered Tablet Enhanced
- Oral Jellies
- Mouth Melt Powder and Tablets
- Bi-Layered Tablet
- Multiple Tablets in a capsule
- Inlay Tablets
Akums is actively looking at building a strong pipeline of products that will enhance patient journey. In line with its mission, the company is evaluating several new opportunities for bringing in newer and better treatments within easy reach.