Insight into Digital Marketing Trends 2020
Insight into Digital Marketing Trends 2020
Over the past few years, digital marketing or marketing online is an industry that has tremendously grown and provided support to various people. The industry, however, is based on the internet and technology that is prone to evolve in specific time intervals like each year.
The ever-so evolving technology is enhancing the services making it easier to reach the target audience with innovative and new services or products profiles, basically making life easier, there is also a negative side to it as one has to stay updated with the technology to have an edge over the competitors.
Despite the social media platforms and search engines that update their algorithms almost every day, the results of a major update tend to affect the online businesses in a specific period. Going digital enables brands to leverage opportunities from across the world and hence any good digital marketing company should be proactive rather than being reactive in the market.
The search engines tend to bring various trends to leverage user’s buying intent and improve customer experience and engagement by rolling out algorithm updates. The updates that are expected to change the digital marketing space in 2020:
- Chat-bots: Chat-bots have been in the industry as a trend over the last couple of years, while many brands have either asked their in-house digital marketing team or the digital marketing company they are associated with i.e. the company managing the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) of the company’s official web site to increase organic traffic and user retention on the website to include Chat-bots on their websites, some are yet to adapt to the change.
The chat-bot is essentially a computerised messaging system to interact on a business page on social media or a website. Many types of chat-bots have been introduced in the industry that helps establish a connection with the users as he/she visits the website and provide them with assistance and searchers what they are looking for enhancing their satisfaction.
- VR and AR: Brands are investing in AR and VR i.e. Augmented Reality (AR) that adds digital elements to a live view often by using the camera on a Smartphone and Virtual Reality (VR) that involve a complete immersion experience not in the physical world.
Both of these technologies have already pressed the marketers to develop strategies to provide consumers with better services. This will enhance the process of information collection by business organisation leading to enhanced user experience.
- Interactive FB and Instagram Ads: Well, interactive ads is something that the giants in the industry are working on for the years to ensure better engagement with the posts eventually leading to the accomplishment of the core reason of selling products and services and earning profits.
The recent technology has helped the brands market their products with interactive posts on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. The shop-able posts are used by the e-commerce brands to showcase their products to the audience which on being clicked leads to the company’s official website and the target customer can buy it directly from the social media platform.
These ads are designed to help the platforms have interaction within them, reducing the chances of the audience leaving Facebook or Instagram to go to another website. This trend is a must to be known by the e-commerce brands if they are involved in social media marketing of their products and services.
- End to End Customer Experience: Artificial intelligence has become a key part of the industry and has evolved. AI has proved that it can revolutionise the businesses with its capacity to understand and evaluate data faster than an average human would do.
An essential part of the technology is that it can learn and can be adjusted to develop certain posts targeting a certain target audience while the creator has the data present. It can be used on limited data as the algorithms need data to learn. The companies who have such amount of data can help digital marketers to provide end to end customer experience.
- Vanity Metrics: Social media page views, followers, subscribers and other metrics are known as Vanity metrics. The easy to manipulate metrics may be sound good on paper once manipulated but do not impact the goals of the digital marketing strategy. The brands online have stopped looking for all the metrics and have started looking for specific metrics that showcase a more impactful, measurable marketing campaigns.
While setting up a social media campaign next time, the digital marketers should avoid vanity metrics and instead, select the right metrics that will drive the business growth.
While over the years, the industry has showcased various trends that have revolutionised the operations, we hope this insight into future advancements and trends will be useful for digital marketers to make better future strategies and execute them.