mPassport, Mobile Passport Seva Application
mPassport, Mobile Passport Seva Application
Launched by the Ministry of External Affairs, mPassport is a platform to bring the passport related services on the mobile for smartphone users as these users can now access these services on smartphones using mobile app mPassport Seva.
The lightweight, easy to use mobile application, mPassport offers all the functions as available over the Passport Seva Portal, New User Registration, existing User Login, Apply for Passport Services, Pay online, Schedule appointment, Know Location of Passport Centers, Fee Details, Application Status, Contact Information and other General Information.
What is the need of the mPassport app?
Well, this app is a one-stop platform that provides facility to register, apply, pay and schedule an appointment for passport related services and information on various steps involved to obtain a passport related service and where to call in case of queries or concerns.
The users who are living in India can use the application to search for a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) like passport Seva payyanur, passport Seva Kendra Mangalore, etc or District Passport Cell (DPC) while for certain states and districts, the users can search for Police Stations as well. The citizens living overseas can find out relevant information about the Missions/Posts abroad.
Key Features of The Application
- Fee Calculator: This is a feature of the application enables users to find out the required fee based on the service and mode of submission.
- Document Advisor: Well, applying for passport does mean that you should have specific documents that help users to find out the required documents they need to carry while visiting the Passport Office for application submission.
- StatusTracker: The application also allows users to can track the status of their passport applications using file number and date of birth. For dispatched passports, the delivery status can also be tracked.
Various services can be availed while applying and after the issue of passport. Some of them are:
- Issue of Fresh Passport: The very first feature is that you can apply for a fresh passport if applying for the first time.
- Re-issue of Passport: You can also apply for re-issue of passport if you want another passport instead of an existing passport for any of the following reasons:
- Change in existing personal particulars.
- Validity expired within 3 years/ Due to expire.
- Validity expired more than 3 years ago.
- Exhaustion of pages.
- Damaged passport.
- Lost passport.
While applying under Fresh Issuance category, make sure you never held a Passport of the applied category (i.e. Ordinary Passport, Diplomatic Passport or Official Passport) in the past.
TYPES OF PASSPORTS ARE ISSUED IN INDIA
Following three types of passports are issued in India:
- Ordinary Passport: The ordinary passport has features including a blue cover, consisting of 36 or 60 pages, being valid for 10 years from the date of issue. It can be renewed for another 10 years. An Indian citizen can use this passport for an ordinary vacation or business travel.
- Diplomatic Passport: This passport has a maroon cover, is issued to designated members of the national government, judiciary, statutory authorities, diplomats, official public couriers and any other person specifically authorised by the Govt
- Official Passport: This passport with grey cover is issued to designated Non-gazetted govt servants or any other person specifically authorised by the Govt deputed abroad on government business.
How do I apply for a passport in the new system and through mPassport?
Well, under the new system, for the issue of fresh passport and re-issue of passport, you need to fill the application form online via e-Form Submission (preferred) or Online Form Submission. For Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), followed by filling of the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Application Form online via e-Form Submission (preferred) or via Online Form Submission.
Well, for security reasons, under the new system, it is mandatory for all applicants, including infants, to be physically present at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or the Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK) to give their biometrics(fingerprints) and photographs.
Miscellaneous Passport Services: It includes Issue of Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) and Background Verification for GEP are the miscellaneous passport service to conduct vetting of the Passport and Police/Criminality check for Indian Citizens willing to enrol for U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Global Entry Program (GEP).
There are different aspects of passport services, you will be able to receive all the information on Passport Seva portal as well as on the mPassport App, where you see if you have all the documents required for passport Seva status, Indian passport renewal, passport download by passport number, passport dispatch status.
Check out the passport seva portal for the same.
Source: Passport Seva Portal