METALS INDUSTRY BUSINESS IDEAS IN INDIA
METALS INDUSTRY BUSINESS IDEAS IN INDIA
Being in one of the top places in the list of being steel producer across the world, the developing country holds a fair advantage in cost of production and conversion costs in steel and alumina. This advantage is followed by convenient exports due to its strategic location that enables it to develop as well as the fast-developing Asian markets.
With the focus on the production of more than 90 minerals, 95 to be exact including 4 fuel-related minerals, 10 metallic minerals, 23 non-metallic minerals, 3 atomic minerals and 55 minor minerals which are boosted via the various factors that support the industry including the rise in infrastructure development and automotive production.
What else is also aiding growth in the metals and mining sector is the focus of the power and cement industries which is followed by the continuous demand of the iron and steel which set to continue, given the strong growth expectations for the residential and commercial building industry.
INDIAN METAL INDUSTRY OFFERS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES IN:
- Steel plant: For years, the Indian iron ore is used to produce steel and with the latest technologies and innovations, this is the industry is rapidly progressing. The industry offers scope for establishing an alloy steel plant is a large-scale business that produces a wide variety of products for customers including alloy constructional steel, case hardening steel, carbon constructional steel, die blocks, spring steel etc.
- Export and Import: International trade plays a very important role in the GDP of the country, and in India, the export of global steel in terms of volume has risen steadily in past few years with the major exporters of steel being China, Japan, Russia, Ukraine, and Brazil. The U.S., Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, and the European Union are the major importers of the steel.
- Production of Furniture: Yes, production or manufacturing of the steel furniture is an industry holding a huge potential, as the output from the industry is something very commonly used in the day to day scenario including the cupboards, chairs, tables, shoe racks, kitchen racks etc. Something that has an increasing number of consumers demanding steel furniture due to its durability and strength is also a business with no need for huge investment and the business can be started at a small scale.
- Production of bolts and nuts: Importance of these as an industry in any country is essential especially when it adds value to almost every machinery we are working with and those are almost everywhere in this 21st century. The nuts and bolts business carries a huge demand for these products in the market. The main industries that utilize these products are construction industries, electrical industries, transportation industries, and engineering industries. This business doesn’t need huge investment and can be started with machine and hand tools.
- Gem Clips: What this essential product for organising needs for its production unit is also a modest amount for initial investment and one is set to produce gem clips with a regular and tremendous demand in schools and offices for organizing papers properly. Also set up as a small business from home, gem clips use steel wire as main raw material.
- Fabrication of steel: A compilation of processes of bending, cutting and assembling of steel used in these industries. They usually have an undivided demand for the services infrastructure, automotive production and construction. This business can be started with a moderate investment.
- Recycling business: A essential for the society and environment we are living in today makes recycling an essential activity for substantial existence. The process makes the need for landfills reduce with the need for extracting and manufacturing of the raw material. With increasing awareness of saving the environment, the need for recycling units is also increasing wherein many things can be recycled including as household appliances, steel beams, old cars, railroad tracks, food tins, paint cans, aerosols etc.
- A Welding Unit: Welding is an industry that requires a certain level of skills and knowledge and can be started with a welding machine, hand tools, raw materials, and equipment this business can be initiated. The businesses can be either repair work or the production of steel products.
- Wrought Iron Furniture: Well, a widely popular and regularly demanded product, wrought iron furniture business features in the list of some of the most profitable business ideas in the metal industry in India. Being an alloy of iron, it is suitable for rolling or forging rather than casting. Hence this property allows easier production of aesthetic furniture using wrought iron.
- TMT Bar Production: Thermo-mechanically treated bar or TMT bar is a bar of high strength and durability used in the construction industry. These bars have very high strength and are durable used in the construction industry and their demand is also expanding. What you require for this business is proper planning and investment. Offering a lot of scope for growth, the steel industry is an industry where one can with the expertise and investment explore a lot of opportunities through both start-ups and existing businesses in the steel industry.