Is BlueHost Best for WordPress Hosting? Why?
One of the biggest web hosting companies, Bluehost is an official WordPress recommended hosting provider. It brings a wide assortment for beginners to large businesses with 24/7 customer support.
If there is one name you know in the web hosting industry, Blue is probably among the top names for WordPress hosting. It was started in the year 1996 that makes it ancient by web standards. In this article, we will do a complete review of BlueHost. By the time you finish reading this article, you will have an idea what to expect from Bluehost, is Bluehost best for WordPress hosting? Why?
Since its inception in 1996, Bluehost has been growing and today has become one of the largest web hosting companies that power over 2 million websites across the world.
Bluehost holds a long-standing relationship with the WordPress community. The customer support, strong uptime and affordable beginner’s plans of Bluehost make it a dependable hosting provider. If you want old-fashioned reliability, Bluehost is a perfect option.
Pros and Cons of Bluehost
- Budget-Friendly: The hosting plans offered by Bluehost are under the budget for most of the users mainly those who are just starting out.
- Reliability: Bluehost powers a lot of websites with minimum downtime. The super-competitive uptime comes up with a guarantee of 99.8%.
- Seamless WordPress Integration: It is quite easier to set up a WordPress site through Bluehost.
- Free Domain: You get a free domain name for one year when you sign up for Bluehost WordPress hosting service.
Additional Costs: Under the BlueHost hosting, you see a lot of optional additional things add into your cart at checkout. Here, you can easily uncheck those items before you buy if you do not need them.
Higher Domain Renewal Price: Although you get a free domain name for one year with Bluehost but the free domain renewal price is quite higher than average.
Reliability and Performance
One of the major performance metrics to look for on any website is spending. It does not only affect your user experience but it also affects your WordPress SERP rankings. Bluehost brings an excellent uptime guarantee of 99.8%.
Types of Hosting and Features
Shared Hosting: Shared hosting is the best way to start a new website when you will get low traffic volume. Under the shared hosting plan, your website shared server resources with other sites.
Cloud Hosting: Cloud hosting can be said as a reliable upgrade to the shared hosting. It allows you to utilize numerous cloud servers and switch your website automatically on different services if there is any hardware failure or high traffic.
WordPress Hosting: WordPress hosting is specially designed for WordPress powered websites. This is optimized to run WordPress and can even protect your sites against different common threats.
WooCommerce Hosting: WooCommerce is the most famous eCommerce plugin for WordPress that allows you to set up an online store with WordPress. This type of hosting service allows you to offer all the essential features to kick start your eCommerce store.
Virtual Private Server Hosting (VPS) – VPS is a dedicated service for your website. Under this kind of hosting service, you get all the resources of the server to yourself. But here there is a disadvantage that you have to manage the server on your own.
Bluehost Shared Hosting Plans
Bluehost offers three different types of hosting packages for start websites. Let’s take a look at each plan one-by-one:
- Basic: With the basic plan, you can host one website. It provides one domain hosting, 25 subdomains, 50GB storage, and 5 email accounts of 100 MB store age for each account. Cost- $2.95 (First time) Renewal- $7.99 monthly.
- Plus: Plus includes an unlimited number of websites with unlimited web spaces and bandwidth and email accounts. Cost- $5.45 (First Time), Renewal- $10.99 monthly
- Prime: The Prime plan covers all the features; you get under the Plus plan. Besides, you also get domain privacy and SiteBack Pros as extra worth over $8-/year. Cost- $5.45 (First time) Renewal- $14.99 monthly.
BlueHost Support and Service
At the initial phase mostly, you need a web hosting company that provides help and support when you need it. Bluehost brings a number of articles, step by step guidance and video tutorials as part of its extensive knowledge base.
For individual support, Bluehost offers a 24/7 support system, where you can take to their customer support team through phone or live chat. It is really helpful.
One drawback is that recently Bluehost has decided to eliminate ticket-based support to focus on personal approach. In some situations when issues cannot be resolved in one live chat or phone call, a ticket based support system used to be quite useful.
After this review, now you have some idea about Bluehost. To sum up this review, we must say that Bluehost is a top hosting company and it brings a wide range of hosting plans with tons of features. The best part is that they offer affordable and cost-effective services. So, if you are just starting then you should give Bluehost a try, you will not be disappointed. It is under your budget and comes with the right set of tools, when your site grows you can easily upgrade your hosting plans accordingly.