GoDaddy Honest Review : How is GoDaddy Hosting for WordPress?
GoDaddy is one of the top names in website hosting. It brings plans tailored to the most popular content management system and the web. According to your needs, GoDaddy offers a plan that can help your website to succeed.
Their base plans come up with 100 GB storage unmetered bandwidth. And it integrates with more than 125 services that you can install with a single click. However, the company charges a for everything from migrations to backups, SSL certificates and pretty much anything else you require.
The customer support by GoDaddy is considered as slow and frustrating. And on top of it, their money-back guarantee is confusing.
In this GoDaddy honest review, we will take a closer look at features and its support system, performance and prices to show how GoDaddy is hosting for WordPress. Let’s get to it!
GoDaddy Honest Review
Presently, over 30% of websites are powered by WordPress. Hence, no web hosting companies want to be left behind. The most preferred WordPress hosting service by hosting providers is Managed WordPress.
Managed WordPress is a secure and faster platform for building and managing WordPress hosting sites. It provides better security, support, website speed and a varied range of other features to help your website run smoothly. Here are the top GoDaddy features:
Free Website Migration
Moving your website to a new hosting provider is a tough task. There is a risk of losing data when moving the website and many other unwanted errors that could affect the site operation.
GoDaddy hosting WordPress helps you to avoid these issues by providing seamless website migration. You do need to take support from any professional. Just follow the migration procedure and export all your files without losing any data. In case there are any issues, GoDaddy customer support will be there to help you through step-by-step guidance.
Automatic WordPress Core Software
Regular update is almost mandatory for running any website blog optimally and securely. Failing to update can put your website at risk of getting attacked. To resolve these issues, GoDaddy WordPress comes with an auto-updater that ensures you update the software.
And, you don’t need to worry about the update, your website will never miss an update now.
WordPress SEO Plugin
After your site is hosted, now it comes to focus on getting found by your target customers. The WordPress SEO plugins help you to take care of your website’s health and find the key gaps that are not letting your website to rank on top search engine result pages.
SEO plugins are your best friend that helps you get more with your WordPress blog or site. To get better input, link it with other analytics tools like Google Analytics.
Daily backup is another great solution by GoDaddy WordPress that lowers the risk of losing any website data. With it, you can easily get the data of your website in event of a loss.
Moreover, GoDaddy makes restoration easy. It does not need to hire any specialist, just go through the restoration guide to safely restore your site.
GoDaddy appreciates the need to provide you with an excellent platform to test different plans and features. Whether you are thinking of testing the speed of a chosen plan or the integration of a new feature, GoDaddy empowers you to do different pre-tests before taking any step.
Staging helps website owners to find issues that are required to resolve before a feature like a plugin is installed. For the developer, there is a great opportunity to test advanced features before deploying them.
GoDaddy Hosting Plans and Pricing
GoDaddy offers four major hosting plans- Basic, Deluxe, Ultimate, and Pro 5+
- The Basic Plan: A basic plan is an ideal option for those who are just getting started with web hosting. It supports one site, 10GB of solid-state drive storage and a free domain. Cost: $2.99 monthly.
- The Deluxe Plan: The Deluxe plan is perfect for those websites with over 100,000 visits. It supports one website, 15GB of SSD storage, a search engine visibility wizard, and a free domain. Cost: $3.99 monthly.
- The Ultimate Plan: This plan is for medium to large businesses. It provides you 30GB of SSD storage, free domain and free SSL certificate. This plan supports two websites and is perfect for websites with over 400, 0000 monthly visits. Cost: $6.99 monthly.
- The Highest Plan: It supports up to five websites and offers 50-200 GB of SSD storage auto-backup and restore, free SSL certificate as well as free site maintenance tools. This plan is perfect for users with 800, 0000 monthly visits. Cost: $27.99 monthly.
GoDaddy WordPress Hosting Ease of Use
GoDaddy provides an intuitive dashboard that makes it easy for you to use different hosting features with a single plan. On the top right, you get the option to initiate backups, staging, settings and domains. On the left side, you can get the WordPress admin and check for the updates to your site.
GoDaddy WordPress Security
GoDaddy runs daily scans to identify malware and destroy them. The purpose is here to find the malware before it can harm your website.
To ensure the security of your website, GoDaddy provides 24/7 monitoring, if any malware file is noted and then it is instantly destroyed even before you realize that. Also, GoDaddy bots are designed to block fake traffic, requests and spam targeted at your website. The WordPress site with GoDaddy is protected through the latest resistant materials and is hosted in high-security data centres to keep them safe.
GoDaddy Website Builder
GoDaddy hosting for WordPress brings an all-in-one website builder that makes it easy to create a professional website without any coding skills. Now, you do not need to hire any web designer to create your website or start from scratch, when you can get a variety of templates to build your personalized website easily.
Choose your preferred template, now simply drag and drop icons, texts, and images to give your website the intended look. Go Central website builder allows you to get your personalized new site in less than an hour. Besides, GoDaddy experts are always there to help you get the website up and run it smoothly.
GoDaddy Customer Support
GoDaddy provides a mixed bag of customer support. On one hand, it provides 24/7 available all throughout the year. Here, the best is to call the contact a specialist via the phone. The second method for direct support is through the live chat. You just need to click the live chat option on the GoDaddy website and it will take less than three seconds for a support representative to answer.
Other options of customer support include searching the GoDaddy Help articles, taking support from the community forums.
GoDaddy Pros and Cons
GoDaddy is one of the largest domain name registrars and reputable hosts. The company brings excellent performances and tons of web storage. Here are the pros and cons of GoDaddy WordPress hosting:
- Good Uptime of 99.97%: GoDaddy is already known for the domain name. Now, it has figured out how to deliver some rock-solid uptime on its shared hosting plans also. In 2019, the company brought 99.84% uptime than it followed with a consistent 99.99%.
- Affordable Cost: The service offered by GoDaddy WordPress is very cheap. With just $2.99, you can enjoy up to 10GB of solid-state drive storage and additional free domain if you pay on a yearly basis.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: It is one of the biggest advantages of GoDaddy WordPress hosting compared to other hosts. For example, WP Engine limits the users to only 25,000 visits on the starter plan.
- Great Page Loading Speed: The speed of your web host is very critical because you cannot really do anything to control it. GoDaddy hosting makes your website load faster.
- Easy User Interface: The GoDaddy users interface is easy to use. While this is not the common cPanel that you might be used to, this is quite simple to understand and use.
- Excellent Customer Support: GoDaddy offers customers 24/7 with a knowledge base, phone support, and live chat. The customer support of GoDaddy is excellent.
Cons of GoDaddy WordPress Hosting
- Lots of Upsells: When it comes to the cons of GoDaddy, the first one is the number of upsells that increases the price you are going to pay. Moreover, it tries to sell you a lot of extra services at the time of checkout.
- No SSL Certificate: If you select the Basic or Deluxe plan, GoDaddy does not provide you with the SSL certificate.
- Tough to Leave: You heard it right, GoDaddy makes it tough for its clients to leave. Though every company has its customer retention strategy, GoDaddy’s effort to keep you stuck is its big drawback.
GoDaddy WordPress Hosting Review Conclusion
Is GoDaddy good for hosting? There was a time when GoDaddy was known for its terrible performance and support. But now the company is making efforts to provide better services. And today most of its features like regular cans, daily backups and a robust website builder are awesome. Overall, GoDaddy is great and we would recommend it but for those people who are new to WordPress or looking to host a single website.
In case, you are thinking of taking more premium WordPress services, consider other hosting providers that are approached by WordPress management.
We hope you found this GoDaddy WordPress Honest Review helpful and interesting. If you have any doubt or question, let us know in the comment section below.