DID YOU KNOW WHEN THESE ACTORS DEBUTED?
DID YOU KNOW WHEN THESE ACTORS DEBUTED?
Here you go, find out how your favoriteactresss debuted:
- Priyanka Chopra: The global star today, Priyanka who initially studied aeronautical engineering took a turning point in her life when her mother submitted her pictures for a beauty pageant and she won the title of Miss World 2000 and accepted offers to join the Indian film industry making her Bollywood debut in The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003). Some of her renowned movies are MujhseShaadiKarogi, Aitreaaz, Mary Kom, Baywatch, etc.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan: A name from the fourth generation of the Kapoor family, daughter of Randhir Kapoor, known as Bebo, a name her nickname of Kareena, her father gave her playfully which has now become a famous name, made her acting debut in 2000 opposite Abhishek Bachchan with the drama Refugee, for which she earned a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut
- Deepika Padukone: The highest-paid actress in the Bollywood, a known name in global cinema, Deepika Padukone started her career with modelling while her parents admired her to become a badminton player like her dad, a national champion. She debuted opposite Shah Rukh Khan, known as the king of Bollywood in 2006 with the movie, Om Shanti Om in which she played dual roles.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: Former Miss World 1994, this movie actress has been representing India internationally for decades now. Aishwarya, after winning the pageant, made her acting debut in 1997 with Mani Ratnam’s Tamil film Iruvar, a semi-biographical political drama, featuring Mohanlal, Prakash Raj, Tabu and Revathi. The film was a critical success and among other awards, won the Best Film award at the Belgrade International Film Festival.
- KanganaRanaut: Kangana is one of the strongest voices in the Bollywood industry. A self-made star, Ranaut built her career path after she relocated to Delhi at age sixteen, where she briefly became a model and later made her feature film debut in the 2006 thriller Gangster, for which she was awarded the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut
- Alia Bhatt: Launched under Dharma Productions, Karan Johar’s production house, Alia was launched in 2012 with Johar’s teen film Student of The Year opposite co-stars Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan. Reportedly, Alia auditioned alongside 500 girls and was cast after losing 16 kgs before she played the role of the teenage girl involved in a love triangle.
- Neetu Singh: Neetu Singh started acting at the age of 8 under the name Baby Sonia as a child actress. She made her acting debut in 1966 with the film Suraj and already did 20 films by the time she reached the age of 20.
- Katrina Kaif: One of India’s highest-paid actresses, kaif began her modelling career in Hawaii at the age of 14. Even though she made her film debut in 1999 with the drama Boom, a box office bomb, her first success in Bollywood was opposite Salman Khan in David Dhawan’s romantic comedy Maine PyaarKyun Kiya? (2005).
- Anushka Sharma: Originally intended to pursue a career in the modelling or journalism industry, Anushka Sharma made her acting debut after she moved to Mumbai in Aditya Chopra’s romantic drama Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008), opposite Shah Rukh Khan.
- Shraddha Kapoor: The Indian actress and singer who works in Hindi films feature in listings of the most popular and the highest-paid actresses in India who debuted with movie Teen Patti.
- Vidya Balan: With decades of being in industry starring opposite people, Vidya Balan’s first movie or debut movie was a Bengali film called BhaloTheko which released in 2003.
- Sridevi: More than a movie actress, a celebrity with pan Indian appeal for decades with 300 movies in her filmography, Sridevi was a sensation who landed her first leading role in the Tamil film MoondruMudichu directed by Kin 1976.
- Sonam K Ahuja: Daughter of actor Anil Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor born on 9 June 1985 began her career as an assistant director on filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s 2005 drama Black. Her first movie dates back to 2007. It was Bhansali’s romantic drama Saawariya.
- Jacqueline Fernandez: Former model and Miss Universe Sri Lanka pageant 2006 pageant winner, the actress who predominantly worked in Bollywood films, debuted with movie Aladin in 2009.
- Rani Mukerji: A known face for 90’s kids, Rani Mukerji is a famous and talented actress who received seven Filmfare awards for her work in Bollywood films. Rani debuted in supporting role in BiyerPhool movie in 1996 and a lead role in social drama Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat.
- Kriti Sanon: A engineer turned actress, Kriti Sanon is an Indian actress with an engineering degree from the Jaypee Institute of Information Technology. Post her education, she started working as a model and later debuted Sukumar’s Telugu psychological thriller film 1: Nenokkadine. Her first Bollywood film was Heropanti.
- Kajol: Kajol: Say the truth, did you or did you not belie, Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan is the best couple on-screen for years? It can be shocking for some but Kajol’s first movie Bekhudi which released in 1992 was a commercial failure, later she was noted for her performance and went on to sign 1993 movie baazigar, a major commercial success.
- Sonakshi Sinha: Sinha started her career as a costume designer, designing the costumes for films such as MeraDilLeke Dekho in 2005. She made her acting debut in the 2010 film Dabangg, in which she starred opposite Salman Khan. It went on to become the highest-grossing film of 2010 and ultimately emerged as an all-time blockbuster.
- Rekha: Bhanurekha Ganesan (born 10 October 1954), better known by her stage name Rekha, is an Indian film actress. Noted for her versatility and acknowledged as one of the finest actresses in Indian cinema, she has acted in more than 180 Hindi films and won a National Film Award and three Filmfare Awards.
- Parineeti Chopra: An inspiring story of a girl who comes to India due to recession in America, and joined the industry as an assistant director who has now given many hits, Parineeti made her screen debut in the romantic comedy Ladies vs Ricky Bahl, in a supporting role with Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma.
- Madhuri Dixit: Indian actress, producer, and television personality. One of the most popular actresses of Hindi cinema, she has appeared in over 70 films, first of which was Abodh (1984) and received wider public recognition with Tezaab (1988).
- Karishma Kapoor: Kareena Kapoor’s elder sister and also the fourth generation of the infamous Kapoor family, Karishma at the age of seventeen, left her studies to pursue a film career for financial support. The successful actress made her acting debut with a leading role in the moderately successful Prem Qaidi (1991)
- Sharmila Tagore: The legendary actress who became a household name just after first movie Kashmir Ki Kali directed by Shakti Samanta in 1964.
- Tabu: Tabassum Fatima, known by her mononym Tabu, is not only a renowned name in the country who has not been in many mainstream Bollywood movies but also many regional films in different languages including Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Bengali. She debuted as a teenager in Dev Anand’s Hum Naujawan (1985).
- Madhubala: A actress who lived an eventful life and is still remembered as one of the best there was. Born on February 14, 1933, Delhi, Madhubala started her 22 years spanned career as a child artist at the age of 9 with film Basant in 1942. She appeared in a leading role in the year 1947 with her movie Neel Kamal opposite the very famous Raj Kapoor and then there was no looking back as she did 73 Hindi films.