Amazon Affiliate Marketing: Basic, Advantages and Disadvantages
Just like other affiliate programs, the concept of Amazon Associate Program is simple. Affiliate programs are a complete set up where an online merchant pays an affiliate for online traffic, sales, depending on the agreement where an online merchant pays an affiliate for online traffic or sales according to the agreement.
In Amazon affiliate marketing, associates are paid when a referred user buys a product the Amazon within 24 hours. It is a win-win situation for everyone involved. Sellers get advantages from the sales and visibility, while affiliates get an additional source of income.
If we talked about the returns for affiliates, they vary as per the performance under the pay-per-sale model. Hence, it is also in their best interest to optimize their site and content to bring more and more sales. So, if you are a seller apprehensive about affiliate marketing, you can be assured that it works.
For affiliates, it is an excellent way to gain profit from the burgeoning online retail marketplace. Today, Amazon is the single eCommerce platform that accounts for over 40% of all digital purchase, so this retail giant can be your ideal partner.
How does Amazon Affiliate Program Perform?
Under this program, affiliates are paid only when redirected users make a purchase on Amazon. Here is the process:
- Affiliate redirects the users to Amazon through an affiliate link
- Now, redirected users buy anything from Amazon within 24 hours.
- After the final purchase, the affiliate is paid in the percentage of each sale.
- The additional advantage of Amazon Affiliate Program is that under it, affiliates are also paid for items added to the cart within 24 hours and bought before the cart expires.
- Now the commission amount of each sale depends on the product and the category.
- Here, you need to keep in mind that you will only be paid if a customer’s purchases within 24 hours of being redirected to Amazon through an affiliate link. Besides, you will not be paid if a customer re-enters Amazon through another affiliate link.
- The 24-hour purchasing period is refreshed every time the customer is redirected by your affiliate link.
Advantages of Becoming Affiliate Marketers for Amazon
No doubt, we all love additional income. Amazon’s affiliate program is great; here are some of the major’s reasons why you should sign up to become an Amazon Associate:
- Straightforward Process: You heard it right, Amazon is easy to start; all you need to do is sign up. Amazon might take some to approve your registration. However, after you become an Amazon associate, you can start sharing affiliate links.
- Trusted Brand: Amazon is the biggest online retail store; this is trusted by people across the world. So when you put an Amazon affiliate link your visitors will know what your affiliate link redirects to, and will not be hesitant to click the button, as they already know the brand.
- Variety of Options: When you start as an Amazon Affiliate, you will never have to take stress about what to advertise. There are more than 120 million products available on Amazon to sell, so you will never have any issue in finding the right product to advertise on your platform. Amazon affiliate program is not limited to products only; you can go for services also. ‘
24 hours of Benefit: This is one of the biggest advantages of Amazon Affiliate Marketing. Here you get paid for every product purchased by the consumer within 24 hours of clicking the affiliate link.
Disadvantages of Amazon Affiliate Marketing
While partnering with Amazon has its set of advantages, there are many disadvantages also.
- Category Dependent Revenue: Commission offered by Amazon for some products and some categories is quite low. If you are running a blog related to videos, then you might not get so much benefit from Amazon Affiliate. The physical copies of video games and video game console purchases from affiliate links will get you just 1% of the sales. Not all products are equal. Just make sure you have gone through the detailed breakdown of commission before embarking on your affiliate journey.
- Time-Consuming: Not just with Amazon but with affiliate programs, you can only make money if your website has good traffic. It is not a quick way to make money. If you already have an online platform like a website or mobile app or YouTube channel with high traffic, this is an excellent opportunity to earn some extra money, If you don’t, starting one from scratch needs a lot of efforts, time, and discipline.
So, these are the disadvantages of Amazon Affiliate Marketing.
Overall, Amazon Affiliate Marketing offers great earning potential if you are willing to put in the extra effort. If you have an established website or any other platform then the program is perfect. All you need to do is start creating content, add affiliate links and endorse products you like. Check Step-by-step process of how to become an Amazon Affiliate.