TeamLease Skills University, India’s first vocational education university focused on building tomorrow’s high skilled leaders
TLSU stands tall as India’s only university which integrates four classrooms for continuous blended learning
India is on the path of becoming a leading economy, with dedicated efforts towards increasing employment opportunities. The increasing job opportunities coupled with growth of new age profiles has made skills the most talked about or sought-after competency. Earlier, most of the vocational training programs took place in the classroom or on the job site from professionals in the field. However, this model restricted the reach and thus led to education being imparted online. An integrated vocational education system wherein four elements of learning: classroom education, online education, apprenticeships and blended can go a long way in creating talent who can take advantage of the growing opportunities.
This growing understanding led TeamLease to establish TeamLease Skill University. TeamLease Skills University (TLSU) is India’s 1st Skills University in partnership with the Department of Labour & Employment, Government of Gujarat.
Co-located within the ITI Tarsali campus at Vadodara, TLSU brings in learning through four classrooms – OnCampus, OnSite, OnLine and OnTheJob. TLSU has over 60,000 students across these classrooms and also run India’s largest private apprenticeship program – NETAP (National Employability Through Apprenticeship Program).
TLSU stands tall of its testament to contribute to enhancing workforce productivity, augmenting socioeconomic development and building social harmony through well rounded and industry relevant educational programs.
At TLSU innovation is the buzzword and the University reads the pulse of students very well. It is promoting its activities under an attractive brand name TeamLease Corporate University (TCU).
At the University, students can select from 4×4 unique offerings—four classrooms and four qualifications.
|Four classroom models||Four qualifications|
|1. Online||1. Certificate|
|2. Onsite||2. Degree|
|3. On-Campus||3. Diploma|
|4. On-Job Training (OJT)||4. Associate Degree|
Besides, the TCU bouquet includes:
- OJT + Online
- OJT + Onsite
- OJT + Online + Onsite
- Onsite + Online
- On campus + Online
The combination of Onsite and Online is a part of enterprise learning services (ELS) of the TCU while On campus and Online combination is part of methodology in TeamLease Learning Services.
TCU’s goal is to provide:
- Credit Framework – The individual courses are assigned credit weight. Credit is a representation of a fixed amount of study hours devoted to various aspects of curriculum: attending lecture sessions, doing practical work, undergoing on-job-training, participation in online learning, participation in seminars, etc.
- Upward Mobility and Degree Connectivity:
The four qualification levels which lead to award of certification are Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Degree in one or more vocational skills educational space. The students can qualify for award of Degree after successful completion of prescribed courses in respective programme across the domains.
- Continuous Learning for Working Professionals
In order to ensure continuous learning, the University has prescribed that the student performance be assessed continuously over the duration of the semester. The final result of each course is determined on the basis of Comprehensive and Continuous Evaluation (CCE) and end semester University Examination (UE).
PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY THE UNIVERSITY
On campus programmes:
Department of Commerce and Management:
- B.Com (Finance & Business Operations)
- Associate Degree (Finance & Business Operations)
- BBA (Marketing)
- BBA (Finance)
Department of Hospitality and Tourism:
- B.Sc. (Hospitality & Tourism Management)
- Associate Degree (Hospitality & Tourism Management)
- B.Sc. (Hotel Management – Work Based Learning)
Department of Information Technology:
- B.Sc. (IT Infrastructure – Management Services)
- Associate Degree (IT Infrastructure – Management Services)
Department of Mechatronics:
- B.Sc. Applied Science (Mechatronics)
- Associate Degree in Applied Science (Mechatronics)
Department of Health, Life and Applied Sciences:
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
Diploma programmes for students Post-SSC or Post- Class 10 include:
- Diploma in Computer Application (DCA)
- Diploma in IT – Infrastructure Managements Systems
- Diploma in Basics of F&B Service
- Diploma in Basics of Front Office Operations
- Diploma in Basics of Food Production
- Diploma in Basics of Housekeeping
Programmes for Working Professionals:
- Sc. Mechatronics (Part-time) – evening college
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
- Employment Linked Skilling Programme
- Short time Certificate courses
LEADERSHIP OF THE UNIVERSITY
Mr. Manish Sabharwal
Chairman & Co-Founder- TeamLease Services Limited & President TeamLease Skills University
Manish Sabharwal serves on various state and central government committees on education, employment and employability and is a columnist for Indian Express. He is an alumnus of The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Shriram College Delhi and Mayo College, Ajmer.
Mr. Ashok Reddy
Managing Director & Co-Founder – TeamLease Services Ltd.
Ashok Reddy is currently Managing Director, Indian Institute of Job Training and co-founder of TeamLease Services Limited, India’s leading staffing solutions company. Ashok graduated from Shriram College of Commerce, University of Delhi and got a management degree from IIM Bangalore.
Dr. Dileep Kamat
Provost – TeamLease Skills University
Dr. Dileep Kamat was associated with the University of Mumbai for 40 years as a Teacher, Researcher and an administrator. Dr. Kamat has two Masters degrees and two Ph.D. degrees. He has served as the I/C Principal of Mithibai College, Mumbai and as Director, C. B. Patel Research Centre for Chemistry and Biological Sciences, Mumbai.
Mr. N. Ravi Vishwanath
Chief Financial Officer, TeamLease Services Limited.
N. Ravi Vishwanath is the Chief Financial Officer at TeamLease Services Limited. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce from Bangalore University, and is a fellow of the ICAI. He has over 21 years of experience in the finance sector.
Mr. K. Ashok Kumar
Registrar, TeamLease Skills University
Ashok Kumar has more than 28 years of teaching & administrative experience. The experience in regulatory system like AICTE, NBA has helped him to be compliant and set up successful Quality systems to bring in transparency of operations.
Dr. Avani Umatt
Dean (Academics), TeamLease Skills University
Dr Avani Umatt has a total of 20 years of work experience in teaching, administrative and industry. She holds a Master’s Degree in Applied Chemistry from M. S. University, Vadodara and a Ph.D. degree in Chemistry from S. P. University, Vallabh Vidyanagar.
Ms. Neeti Sharma
Senior Vice President, TeamLease Services Limited
Neeti Sharma leads the Vocational Skilling and Learning Services SBU which includes public-private partnerships with various State & Central Government entities. Neeti has previously been associated with Aptech, Mittal Group of Companies & Goodearth Organics. She holds a Master’s degree in Economics & Statistics and a Masters in Marketing Management from Symbiosis Institute of Management.
Vice President, NETAP, TeamLease Skills University
Sumit Kumar is currently overseeing the operations of NETAP (National Employability through Apprenticeship Program). Sumit has previously been associated with Monster.com and Marriott International. He holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration and a bachelor’s degree in Commerce.
OTHER PROGRAMS AT THE CAMPUS
The University has taken up the responsibility to train the rural youth to provide ‘employable skills training’ under DDU-GKY Scheme. Presently 450+ trainees are undergoing training in Production Engineering, Domestic Electric, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage Service, Apparel Design, and Hand Embroidery.
Under National Employability Enhancement Mission (NEEM) regulations of AICTE, University launched its flagship scheme ‘National Employability through Apprenticeship Program’ (NETAP). Presently, more than 60,000 candidates have been placed as trainees to undergo hands-on skill training under various Industrial sectors across India. From its inception more than 1,00,000 students have been benefited in getting employability skills and employment.
Initiatives taken for the welfare of students
- Scholarship: TLSU scholarship scheme is open to students who are in their final year of higher secondary education and is available on first-come-first-serve basis as per the date schedule announced for admission.
- On-Job-Training: TLSU has been a unique learning experience in its own way and one of the most important features in this regard is On-Job-Training which provides students first hand Industry exposure.
- Rasrang Club- a club to organize co-curricular and extra-curricular activities throughout the year.
- Aavishkar Club- a club to encourage the information sharing, creative and competitive spirit for different technical activities under a single umbrella.
- Sports Club- organizes both Indoor and outdoor sports and games for all staff and the students.
- TLSU Studentpreneurs: a club working on providing a platform to the students with entrepreneurial business ideas and models.
Awards and Recognitions won by the university
The Centre of Entrepreneurship Development (CED), Gandhinagar has empanelled TeamLease Skills University as Third-Party Assessment (TPA) body for carrying out assessment of trainees undergoing short-term skill training courses across Gujarat and conduct virtual class-room training at all levels to employees working in various industrial sectors in Gujarat through IPM Excellence Centre.
CED also granted us permission to provide 360-degree Special Entrepreneurship Training to SC/ST Candidates to develop entrepreneurs in urban and rural areas in the state, so that they can establish their own manufacturing and services enterprise.
In collaboration with industry partner Rubber Manufacturers Welfare Association (RMWA), Ahmedabad establishing a Centre of Excellence ‘Rubber Training Institute’ to train the human resources to address the manpower requirement of Rubber Sector industry in Gujarat.
FUTURE PLANS AND ROADMAP FOR THE UNIVERSITY
TLSU has always been foresighted in matching the students and the skills in India in order to increase the employability quotient of the candidate. We have been focussing on the three E’s, Employment, Employability and Ease of Doing Business envisioned by TeamLease Services and positions its courses and standards to comply with it.
- Dynamic curriculum- open to revise our curriculum as an when required according to industry standards.
- on the job training
- Life skills across all domains
- Computer skills across all domains
- Entrepreneur skills across all domains
TLSU mission for the coming year is to enable all individuals acquire skills and capabilities, prepare them to get appropriate employment and ensure their competitiveness in national and international work environment.