BIT, Meerut: Your Pursuit starts here with Learn, Explore, Lead & Achieve
EVERY summer comes with rays of hopes wherein millions of students have a tough time selecting the right engineering college that will open doors to an exciting career. Typically, students go round about their universe of 10-odd colleges, in the hope of zeroing in on the best-known one. They enquire about the previous year’s placements in terms of median and maximum salaries offered. Everyone assumes that the answers to these two questions will help them find a college with top quality of education. But the fact is beyond of these two parameters of selecting a right college. While some colleges have a high brand recall because of their quality of education as is reflected by the achievements of their alumni and the research output of faculty and graduate students, other colleges have high brand recall due to advertising on a large scale. So, how does one find out which college provides quality education? We will talk about one of the leading private colleges in India which has been a center for excellence in education.
To create a centre for imparting technical education of international standards and conduct research at the cutting edge of technology to meet the current and future challenges of technological development, Bharat Institute of Technology (BIT), Meerut has carved a niche for itself among the best private Engineering College in UP. The institute was incepted with a mission to recognize education and research in close interaction with industry with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in young students entering the portals of the Institute with sensitivity to social development and eye for opportunities for growth in the international perspective.
BIT, Meerut has set its goal to be a leader in providing quality education and training in Engineering, Pharmacy, Computer Application and Management courses, to contribute to the ever expanding knowledge and skills in professional environment through scientific inquiry, applied research and innovation and play a vital role in socio-economic progress through technology providing about futuristic professional leaders. This Institute came into existence after approval of the AICTE & affiliation to UP Technical University in the year 2001. BIT has been productive for its students for comprehensive level of placement Cell. The Training and placement Cell of BIT is frequently scouting to add well known companies in its pool of database. In 2014, 68 companies visited the campus and 262 of their students got placed. The Institute has been consistence in terms of placement track record and 107 companies came to the campus and 271 students were placed which shows the placement level of the Institute. A tremendous mark of number of students (382) has been placed in last year.
BIT has state of the art infrastructure comprising of well developed laboratories, central and departmental libraries, seminar halls, conference halls, administrative area & offices etc. Their Faculty who have experience & progressive outlook, follow innovative teaching-learning process. The Institute is presently affiliated to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow for its Engineering, Pharmacy, Computer Application & Management courses. All the programmes run by the Institute are approved by AICTE.
The faculty members of BIT pursue excellence in theoretical & applied research which in turn contributes to its expansion of teaching & research avenues by pursuing sponsored projects in the areas of state of the art knowledge from both the government & the private sector thus contributing to the benefit of society. The strength of the faculty lies in the innovative learning environment that integrates in class instructions with their multi-disciplinary laboratories and the effective delivery systems with problems – solving capabilities.
Number of faculty have been sponsored to procure higher qualifications like M. Tech & Ph. D from reputed Institutions like IITs, NITs etc, thus ensuring a high quality of knowledge & perfection in teaching. Some of the faculty is a visiting Researcher to RMIT University, Australia, visiting faculty to FMS, Delhi, ITM Kozhikode, IIM and many other premier institutes. Faculty Development programme in BIT is a continuous process, where faculty are required to undergo the training programme at least once in two years. Most of these programmes are certified. These programmes focus on enhancing functional area expertise & on improving one’s classroom delivery both as a teacher & as a trainer.
- Industry lab collaboration (Mission IOX –EC Dept., Stood Pro – CE Dept., EMC Dell – CS Dept.)
- 3 P Model (Problem solving, Project based learning, Product development)
- Establishment of CIIE(Centre of Innovation and Incubation)
- Regular corporate lecture series by eminent experts from Industry
- Industry relevant language labs.
- State of the art computer & other Engineering laboratories.
- Industry fusion in every semester.
- Project based learning
- Spacious & Airy classrooms
- Trans disciplinary learning for all round development.
- Job readiness training imparted right from 2nd year
- Round the clock high speed Internet access through a leased line.
- Sports Complex
- Compulsory soft skills training
- Industry training & site visits
- Vibrant environment and well laid amphitheatre for cultural & other events
- Cafeteria, snack bars, kiosks & other recreational facilities in the campus.
- Emergency medical help/preliminary first aid available in campus
- Residential areas
- Separate Hostels for Boys & Girls in Campus.
Achievements & Milestones
- Rahul Singh Yadav student of Mechanical Engineering made us proud while he obtained AIR-01 in IES 2014
- The student of Mechanical Department fabricated a GOKART for national level championship held at Bengaluru where our team of students emerged among top 5. Further this GOKART and another project from EC were selected by AKTU Lucknow to be displayed in the innovative projects exhibition held during the convocation ceremony on 23rd Jan, 2017
- BIT Meerut is also a Nodal Centre of National Institutes of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Chandigarh to conduct the Faculty Development Program for faculty of this institute and other nearby institutions
- The School of Pharmacy has signed 4 project agreements under Academic Industry linkage for joint collaboration of R & D activities for technical & commercial purposes
- The School of Pharmacy has been in the forefront of filing patents by its faculty
- Out student Mr. Anuj Sharma secured 24th All India ranks in GATE 2016.
Awards & Recognitions
- 12th Feb 2015 – EMC Academics Awards.
- 10th April 2015 – Best Technology Infrastructure Award by Reco India Ltd.
- 2015 – Best placement in UP by State HRD Minister.
- Nov 2016 – 21st Best Private Management Colleges of UP by CSR.
- Nov 2016 – 24th Best Private Management College of India by CSR.
- 27th June 2016 – World Education Congress Presented Prof. J.S.P. Rai as 100 most influential Directors of India (in Education).