Essential Healthcare Tips Every Woman Should Follow in 2019
Playing different roles in life, a woman works on several grounds each day to ensure that everyone and everything works in sync around her. Whether it is delivering results at work or it’s ensuring that her family gets served breakfast they like in the morning, her health comes a lower priority than her loved ones. Healthcare is essential to the functioning of the body; there are certain diseases and disorders that women are likely to have due to their lifestyle.
A female body has to face a lot of conditions related to the reproductive system including pregnancy to menopause to gynaecological conditions including PCOS, uterine fibroids and pelvic floor disorders. Stress and Depression are one of the most common ones that can be a result of any health issue or constant tension build-up. The most common health conditions woman faces are:
- Heart Conditions: Common between men, women are also prone to have heart diseases though they might experience different symptoms for the same health condition as men. Women face symptoms of a heart attack unrelated to any type of pain, pressure or discomfort in the chest rather, pain in neck, jaw, upper back and abdominal discomfort, shortness of breath, nausea or vomiting, dizziness, and unusual fatigue are symptoms of heart attack they might experience.
- Breast Cancer: A form of cancer that forms in the cells of the breasts usually originates in the lining of the milk ducts or the glandular tissue called lobules can spread to other organs. Lifestyle, hormonal, environmental factors are usually responsible for the increase in the risk of breast cancer along with exposure to radiation, genes, obesity, the beginning of period at a younger age, delayed menopause, post menstrual hormone therapy, etc.
- PCOS: The polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS is a hormonal disorder that the reproductive women are prone to face. The core symptoms of PCOS are insulin resistance, menstrual irregularities, infertility, obesity and elevated risk of cardiovascular diseases. The syndrome can cause several unwanted changes in the body such as facial hair, acne, infertility, obesity or difficulty losing weight, psychological symptoms like mood swings, anxiety, etc hence it cannot be left untreated.
- Depression: Depression is a mood disorder that can usually persist for a longer duration of time. As discussed woman play a diverse set of roles and the complexity of each role, the stress levels tend to rise up and after a while they start piling up, forcing one into depression. The depression can be a result of various hormonal, genetic, psychological and social factors.
- Autoimmune Diseases: Human immune system shields the body against any viruses and other external factors. However, sometimes, the immune system ends up attacking the body itself mistakenly causing the release of autoantibodies proteins to attack the healthy cells. Type 1 diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis-Arthritis; Addison’s disease, etc are some of the examples.
Healthcare Tips for Woman
- Exercise: Though women tend to follow an extensive routine fulfilling their duty of 16-20 hours a day working, they tend to not voluntarily exercise or walk. A habit of walking for a hour with a family member will not only help her be healthy but also spend some time understanding the people better. Joining an aerobics class may also provide her with some “me time” that helps in maintaining both physical and mental health.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the reproduction system including ovarian follicular development and luteinization via altering the anti-mullerian hormone or AMH and increasing serum anti-inflammatory soluble receptors in Vitamin D deficient women with PCOS. Besides this, Vitamin D does provide other essential health benefits including Healthy pregnancy, cancer prevention, healthy bones, normal immune function, etc.
- Get Screened: Health screenings are essential to identify the health conditions that might occur in a healthy body. The Mammograms, Colon Cancer Screening, HIV Testing, and other screening tests are some of the most essential tests that every woman should get screened with once.
- Check on the Health Conditions: Following a tradition of checking with the concerned healthcare provider to manage health conditions like diabetes, osteoporosis and high blood pressure or any other gynaecological condition time to time should be followed in every household by the women.
Being a working mother or a home-maker, a woman’s health should not be compromised at any point especially when they downplay the symptoms they are experiencing. Since a woman’s body structure is different from men, they tend to experience different symptoms than men and their symptoms are likely to get ignored. From iron deficiency to heart problems, the backbone of every family needs to have a strong and healthy body and mind to ensure the pace of everyone’s life. These healthcare tips can be easily inculcated in a hectic routine to ensure better health.