10 Fun Facts about Mobile Application that You Never Knew
Smartphone applications have completely transformed the way of our life. With the advancement in smartphones, mobile applications are taking over areas of life like communication, entertainment, shopping, and more. They have introduced a world of possibilities, from ordering your meal to saving money, shopping, booking tickets and much more anytime, anywhere, without any restrictions.
For online businesses, these apps have become a necessity to keep up with consumers’ needs. The mobile app is a very broad field; the majority of people have a smartphone with a handheld mini-computer with tons of apps and features.
But most of the people are not aware of some facts about mobile apps. Like, do you know which of these apps is top of the ranks in popularity? Do you any have an idea of how often the average person looks at their phone in a day?
Read on to find out all these answers and more as we explore some interesting facts about mobile apps that you never knew!
- India is the second-biggest application market; USA is on the first position. Amongst billions of WhatsApp users, over 68% are from India. It is the perfect indicator that India is an emerging market for the app development and IT industry.
- Facebook is the most downloaded app of all time. It shows the significance of social media and has many implications for marketers. According to the data, over 65% of mobile users spend the majority of their time on social media applications.
- Apple’s App Store is the second largest after Android. It is offering a total of 2.2 million apps. Apple’s App Store carries less number of apps than Google Play because it has applied higher coding standards and excludes poorly developed apps.
- Present-day, mobile apps are used more than websites. Data says that generally, people spend 87% of their time on mobile apps.
- You will be surprised to hear that more than half of the mobile applications available at the Apple store have never been downloaded.
- More surprising is that seven out of every ten apps that are downloaded are deleted immediately. An app has roughly three days to prove its worth to the user before it is deleted from the mobile.
- Almost half of all mobile app developers utilize ad revenue and in app, purchases are also a major piece of the puzzle for developers looking to earn income.
- It might be hard to believe but the app industry is creating hundreds of thousands of jobs. Additionally, there is a wide range of ancillary industries that get benefit from the app economy. Currently, it is believed that over 600,000 jobs have been created off iOS app development only.
- Recently, the most downloaded apps belonged to Google- YouTube and Google Maps. Each app had over a billion downloads.
- With 2.8 million apps, Android Play Store holds the first position when it comes to the applications available for download.