5 Most Healthy Processed Food in India
From packets of potato chips to frozen pizzas, processed food has been remarked as one of the unhealthiest products present in the world. In the age, where “eating clean” or “organic” are trends, processed food tends to be related directly to the “unhealthy” word for many fitness enthusiasts. So, as someone mentions the two terms “processed food” and “healthy” in the same line, it is confusing for people to concede. No doubt processed food has become an inescapable part of our lives.
Well, “processed food” is very diverse in itself. It is not restricted to the packaged chips but it refers to any food item including vegetable, fruit or every liquid that is processed for the sake of being safe to consume or convenience. From frozen vegetables to yogurts and dairy products we consume, all have gone through a lot of stages of processing to reach a state where they can be consumed. The nature of some goods makes them prone to become a waste if not processed at the right time.
The nutritionists and dieticians have regarded a few items as healthy despite being processed. Usually, “healthy” food items are regarded as any products which are rich in fiber or good nutrients that helps the metabolism to increase without being stored as fat. There are certain items are being regarded as “healthy” despite being processed. Here is a list of the processed food that can help you remain healthy.
- Greek Yogurt: Yogurt just like any other dairy product is a great source of protein. However, Greek yogurt is regarded as the best form of dairy product with probiotics and calcium. The best part of consuming the Greek yogurt is that it is a great base for different meals, from adding oats and fruits to making smoothies, the options of this processed fruit are unlimited.
- Peanut Butter: Nuts are a great source of protein and magnesium. Peanut butter is usually consumed as a source of gaining weight. Peanuts are a rich source of healthy fats and fibre making it a great option to consume, but peanut butter is an extracted form of peanuts which is healthier. From peanut butter sandwiches to peanut butter-based bars, this ingredient is a great option for quick and healthy snacks.
- Frozen Spinach: Well, spinach is a natural hack for various health problems as it helps purify blood and acts as a detoxifying agent. The ingredient is not present throughout the year, but its essential sources of various nutrients and vitamins. The leafy vegetable has to be processed to not only ensure their crispiness and make sure that their vitamins remain secure. The frozen spinach is a great ingredient in various healthy recipes including smoothies, salads, and soups.
- Tomato Puree: In the fast-paced environment, most of the people lack time and energy to make tomato puree and follow the whole process especially in those busy mornings. Buying tomato puree is a quick and fast way to make the best of time and save energy when you can. The tomato-based processed products have a high amount of lycopene, that is a cancer-fighting element than the normal tomatoes making this ingredient a healthy replacement.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: Almond milk is an ingredient that is rich in good fats, low in calories and helps strengthen the bone. The nut is a great source of Vitamin E, copper, magnesium and high-quality protein including unsaturated fatty acid. The processed almond milk is a great way fulfills your daily vitamin needs but it usually flavored with sugar and other ingredients. Dieticians suggest that consuming unsweetened almond milk is a magnificent way to boost energy. It is a great ingredient which does not contain any lactose, making it a perfect replacement of dairy products for the lactose-intolerant people.
Skipping processed foods is not an option that is feasible for most, while some lack the space to grow organic ingredients; various people are unable to spend money and time on the fresh ingredients, switching to processed food is the only way left. With these healthy processed foods, one might not only have a chance at being staying but also retaining that good health. Each of these foods has been chemically processed to increase their shelf-life which but their nutrient value tends to remain more than other processed foods. Hence adding these products on your shopping list is a great way to stay healthy and save money and time.