Unsafe Biometrics: Lets prohibit an accident
Examining the fact on how choosing an appropriate battery backed biometric attendance machine and access control system can make you go one step ahead with safety and protection
Time and demand indicates us to go mobile in various situations and preferred are the things which comes with more portability. To be in a leap of one of the most successful and contented solution provider and problem solver for any company, one needs to closely understand the problems which is being faced by the organizations. Along with the time & trend, technologies too gets updated to add values in this world.
For corporates and administration departments in the offices who wish for energy efficient and round the clock performance from biometric attendance equipments and access control systems, in built battery back up is a suggested and trusted valuable feature to consider. Unlike other devices, it contains in built battery which helps a machine to function continuously till the external power supply becomes operational.
In Built Battery:
During a survey, many of the business owners shared their experiences of problems with their biometric attendance machines because of power failure or voltage fluctuations. Some also shared distressing reviews of in-built batteries exploding because of improper power supply with poor charger and poor quality batteries just to add a feature of power back up which turned into a major failure. All of these problems effected the consumers in some of the most threat full ways which were:
- Permanent damage of biometric attendance machines and access control systems.
- Complete loss of attendance and In/Out access data from the machines.
- Loss of Installation cost.
- Total damage of complete wiring arrangement.
- Improper charging resulted in half functioning or partial damages in the equipment which turned out into time consuming maintenance further affecting the routine attendance and access control data giving half manual and half automated information on employee’s clock In/Out timings.
- Companies faced salary mis management because of improper data.
- Some of the short circuits turned out into serious fire accidents.
- It also affected other forms of data like Overtime, visitors, leaves, payroll and time office data.
- Performance of equipments with Battery without BIS certification can be hazardous.
- Poor batteries consume more time in charging which in turn causes machine and battery both to remain over heated all the time.
- Battery or equipment explosion can cause casualties with nearby employees and workers.
The most famous and reliable battery to solve this purpose is Lithium ion battery which is a type of rechargeable battery and is considered as one of the most trusted and safe battery for portable devices.
What makes Lithium ion battery distinguished from other batteries is its largest energy density which can be accommodate in a small size. Apart from it lithium ion battery gives voltage of 3.6 volts per cell which is the highest amongst all kinds of cells.
How a biometric attendance machine with an in built battery becomes the head-most choice for workplaces are mentioned here:
- Even when the device is shut down, process of charging continues.
- The system allows you to monitor the temperature while charging.
- Analog to Digital converter is there inside the device which monitors battery current and voltage and communicates this to machine’s processor.
- A battery icon on the screen which shows the status of the battery.
- If capacity of a Battery is 2200 MAh, standby Back-up can be for 4.15 hours and battery charging time would be 75 minutes (approx.).
- Power Adapter voltage provided can be 12V to 14V. If voltage increases above this limit, machine switches to battery and a notification reflects on the screen.
- A Li-ion battery charger inside the machine should be certified by BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards)
Getting yourself a machine with in built Li-ion battery is unavoidable as it concludes in giving values like:
- Installing a Li-ion battery doesn’t add much weight to a biometric machine making it a light weight machine even after the installation.
- A Primed Li-ion battery makes your biometric equipment ready to work at any place.
- In other words Li – ion battery acts as a voltage stabilizer.
- Quick Charging makes the equipment to be readily available for longer back up with a small duration of time.
- Battery remains in automated charging process without any urgency of monitoring it.
- Analog to digital convertor makes sure the machine’s processor should not get damaged or face short circuit.
- An icon on the screen to remind the remaining battery in the machine.
- BIS standard ensures safety and performance assurance.
Switching to an attendance device which comes with a built in battery is unavoidable for round the clock performance and safeguarding correct data delivery in power failure. Battery backup is not a future in biometric access control but now
Corporates are preferring to go one step beyond for all time workplace shielding.