THE INEVITABLE ALLIANCE OF DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY AND LUXURY
The non-negotiable collaboration of technology and luxury has imposed a digital street naked and creative incorporation. Luxury has integrated with the digital platform in several ways and an e-commerce strategy for media is nothing less than an effort to progress in providing an overall online customer experience.
Luxury brands today have taken up brand marketing full throttle over the digital media landscape, several paths have been paved to make the experienced user-friendly in terms of content, surfing through the website, strategizing and placing products, using cookies, etc. Here are a few examples of how technology is making the online shopping experience everyone’s cup of tea;
- Reminder Notifications: The first few steps of the ladder are to make sure that the application is downloaded by the prospective customers and the process has to be orchestrated to promote its full potential. Hence, the usage of push notifications is raging like wildfire; these notifications not just continually remind the customer of active events at it but will also tempt them with luring messages. And the best part is that these notifications can be segregated by the luxury brands according to the requirement of location, purchase, preference, history, searches, cookies, age, etc. to forward relevant messages to relevant people.
- The surfeit of Data: There is no bracket to the amount of data that the marketing companies own and use to their benefit. The age we live in, access to data is a cakewalk, but the efficiency lies in comprehending how to use this data correctly. An efficient marketer would know how exactly to pick and choose the right audience from this digital Pandora’s Box. Today, several tools can be used by luxury brands to ensure the data is properly and fully consumed.
- Artificial Intelligence: We haven’t yet reached to a point where there is an application for the brands and the retailers to check the right time and season for discounts or what kind of products are popular and ready to be introduced in the market, this process is still raw and is achieved through research and understanding of the fads. If a brand ends up taking the wrong guess, it would result in heavy losses or would probably end up with a dead stock or they would run out of the stock of a popular item.
The introduction of artificial intelligence in luxury brands will not just help the retailer in aligning products that match the demand but would also help them put on display what’s hot around the town and sell as much as the demand. Hospitality has also has been largely affected by the incorporation of artificial intelligence with opening its arms to bolder opportunities to enhance the experience. And talking about user experience, once online shopping has stepped up on the ladder of AI, it will all be about conversations. The customer would be able to talk to the application and present its demand and the application in return would find the perfect match for the customer in a matter of a few seconds.
- Message Pop-ups: Many innovative companies in luxury brands have availed the advantage of the perks offered by IM (Instant Message). These are easy, quick and the best way of communicating a message directly to the consumer. Today there are a few companies in the market that offer these services allowing the customers to stay in connection with their doctors, lawyers, stylists, teachers, etc. through their mobiles free of cost. These messages help the customer in reaching the concerned individual instantly and get any nature of the information they are looking for right from their comfort bubble.
- Internet of Things: This technology has transformed the picture of luxury brands on the digital platform; it has bought in the landscape an authentication system and security codes. You can have digital shopping bags without having to roam around and carry any, and all of these are safely locked with passwords. So now instead of roaming around from one store to another, you can have it all on your fingertips, it’s secure, time saving and hassle-free.
Luxury brands today have amplified their interest in the role of digital technology. The innovation and creativity that has incorporated into this practice are impressive and highly fruitful. The luxury brands industry will in the coming years witness fresh ideas, additionally useful services and implementation of user-friendly practices.