SATYAN CONSULTING ENGINEERS: a hallmark for innovation, technology and excellence for Distillery, Starch & Evaporator Industry
The bedrock of Satyan Consulting Engineers was laid back in the year 2006 by industry veteran Satish Yadnik, with a vision to provide process engineering support to distillery, starch & evaporator market segments. A chemical engineer by profession, Satish Yadnik holds a Business Management degree from Pune University, is home to vast industrial experience across the field of the distillery (Alcohol Technology), Starch Manufacturing and Evaporators for varied sectors. Mr. Yadnik started his professional journey with Zuary Agro Chemicals a fertilizer industry, followed by the pharmaceutical leader Hindustan Antibiotics Limited, and joined Alfa Laval, a Swedish Multinational in the year 1987.
While infusing his expertise for two decades at Alfa Laval, Mr. Yadnik took care of the organization’s distillery, starch, evaporator market segments, mainly responsible for assisting in the development of new processes related to distillery, fermentation, distillation & Evaporation system.
Emergence as a leader
Today, along with its expertise in providing process engineering support to distillery, starch & evaporator market segments, Satyan Consulting Engineers has also crafted its niche in developing Ammonia Stripping System, Methanol Recovery System and many other distillation systems, especially for the solvent recovery. The organization also supports its associate AdvanceBio LLC, USA, a leader in bio-based fuel and chemical consulting services and technology. AdvanceBio LLC is spearheaded by Mr. Bipin Shroff, who has more than 40 years of seasoned experience in equipment fabrication, ethanol plant design, project management including multiple biomass-based ethanol projects. Another key person, Mr. Dale Monceaux nestles a seasoned expertise of more than 30 years of ethanol process development, plant operations, design & management experience including multiple biomass-based ethanol projects. AdvanceBio LLC’s offerings include
- Technical due diligence
- Process design package
- Process troubleshooting & process
- Technology up gradation
Research & Technology Development:
- Technology development support
- Conceptual design packages.
The technical team of Satyan is further strengthened by Mr. Sudhir Yadnik, a Mechanical Engineer possessing more than 25 years experience in the field of design, fabrication, project planning, installation and commissioning.
Area of Expertise
“We are a small team of most competent & experienced process engineers in process design and process development.”
Satyan Consulting Engineers offers engineering solutions in the following areas of,
- General Consultancy
- Feasibility study and report
- Process Design Packages
- Process Simulation
- Process Modeling & Solution
- Custom Solution
- Energy Conservation
- Process troubleshooting
- Detail Engineering
- Piping design and 3-D modeling
- Commissioning and troubleshooting
- Modernization De-bottlenecking and troubleshooting for existing plants
- Process plant simulation for the distillation system for industrial, potable, fuel alcohol & Evaporator
In this direction, the configuration of most energy efficient distillation systems is based on the available energy which is achieved by cascading distillation columns, using distillation column energy for evaporation and Evaporation by evaporator dryer vapors.
- For process plant automation, Satyan Consulting Engineers is closely working with Pune based Ditap-V automation Pvt. Ltd.
- The organization delivers process support for Wet milling corn starch technology to Meinhardt Group, a Singapore based company with its office in Bangalore.
- The organization also supports the pharmaceutical industry mainly in the field of solvent recovery. Satyan Consulting Engineers has designed one such system for Methanol recovery with its associate Herring Plus Co. Ltd.
- Moreover, the organization is closely associated with fish meal technology and works very closely with Janatha Fish Meal, one of the biggest manufacturers of fish meal & allied products in India and abroad. Janatha Fish Meal harnesses technological adroitness of Satyan Consulting Engineers for their fish Meal units in Udupi, Ratnagiri, Oman, and Mauritania.
- Furthermore, the organization provides technical consultation to Sri Renuka Sugars in the process development for all their Indian plant in the arena of design & process engineering across all their units located in India. Satyan Consulting Services has also designed ethanol plant 300 KL/day capacity for one of their units in Brazil.
- Satyan Consulting Services’ most valued assignment is being associated as a senior consultant to Alfa Laval India in Starch & Alcohol segment.
- The organization has also deployed its technical adroitness to AdvanceBio LLC, USA for developing PID’s for their plants.
- Satyan Consulting Engineers’ team was deputed to Benin for a feasibility study to manufacture alcohol & starch from cassava.
- 600 MT/DAY Corn Starch Plant (Location: India)
- Expansion of starch plant from 400 MT/D to 800MT/D in Syria
- Complete pre-engineering of 200MT/day starch plant for general starch Thailand
- Design review and vetting complete engineering and design including process simulation for distillation plant based on grain in West Bengal having capacity 120 Kl/day
- Design review and vetting complete engineering and design including process simulation for distillation plant based on grain in Bihar having capacity 100 Kl/day
- Janatha fish meal Mauritania, Ratnagiri and Oman project
- Design of one of the biggest bio-methanation spent wash evaporation plant for Bajaj Hindustan 1600 M3/D supplied by KBK chem engineering Pvt Ltd, Pune
- Design of evaporator plant for Birla sugar plant (Two Plant) supplied by Shri Samarth Engineering Pvt Ltd, Pune
- Vetting of design and drawings for Chandigarh distilleries
- Design review of pioneer distillery Pathankot for their grain-based plant
- Complete design review and project management for 30KL/D grain-based alcohol plant.
- 200 MT/day turnkey starch plant
- 300KL/D ethanol project for Brazil distillery for Shri Renuka Sugars
- Process Design for Biomethanated Spent Wash Evaporation system for
Bajaj sugar- Plant by Shri Samarth Engineering Pvt Ltd, Pune
Kranthigrahi sugar- Plant by KBK Chem Pvt Ltd, Pune
Rena sugar- Plant by Naran Lala Process
New swadeshi, Birla group- Plant by Shri Samarth Engineering Pvt Ltd, Pune
Seohora sugar, Birla group (Only Degasification)- Plant by Shri Samarth Engineering Pvt Ltd, Pune.
The organization was recognized as the Fastest Growing Indian Consultancy Company in the year 2014 at International Achievers Conference, Bangkok (Thailand).
“In view of Government of India policy to mix 10% ethanol in petrol, we anticipate the high potential for new ethanol projects to come up in India. Considering our existing petrol consumption of around 25 billion liters per annum, our present requirement of ethanol at the rate of 10 % mixing shall mount up around 2.5 billion liters per annum. India’s yearly growth in petrol consumption is approximately 30 billion liters with annual growth of about 10%. To achieve the ultimate aim of mixing 22% in the petrol, it is not possible to meet the demand for the available feedstock.
In order to meet the above requirement, alternative source such as biomass is an option to produce cellulosic alcohol in the near future.
SATYAN CONSULTING ENGINEERS is closely working with its associates and looking forward to a role as a process validation for such projects being set up in India & to be part of the team for meeting government of India’s objective.”