MKCE: Dedicated to delivering high quality teaching and research across all engineering & management disciplines
M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering is a dynamic and innovative institution in South India. One of India’s leading colleges of technology and management, MKCE has a distinct model of learning, strong research performance and a leading reputation for engagement with industry and the professions. MKCE has a culturally diverse campus life and vibrant international exchange study and research programs that prepare students for the workplaces of today and the future.
MKSE offers over seven undergraduate courses such as Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,B.Tech – Information Technology and the same number of postgraduate courses across traditional and emerging disciplines such as Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic & Communication, Civil Engineering along with MCA, MBA and ME in multiple streams. In line with MKCE model of Technology Enabled Learning, many of their students undertake professional practice during their pursuing program. Under this model Internet facility is provided in all the class rooms enabling the students a better learning environment. Recent trends in technology are discussed in class rooms using online video sessions, thereby facilitating active participation. Apart from this, the institution is acutely conscious of every individual’s learning and hence they offer a unique concept ‘CBCS’. This concept offers a flexibility system in the choice of faculty called Choice Based Credit System wherein the students can enjoy the benefit of it by selecting the staff whoever they think would cater to their needs with regard to mastering the subject concerned.
One more feather has been added to the academic system which is called Fast Track. The purpose of including this system is to fast track the development process of the students by enabling them to study their 8th semester papers right in 5th, 6th or 7th semester itself. With the implementation of this system they can double concentrate on their projects during the final semester through internships at various MNCs.
M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering established in the year 2000 by M. Kumarasamy Health and Educational Trust with a vision to provide technical education for all sections of the society has made rapid strides on all fronts to achieve academic excellence in a short span of time. Their teaching, learning and research programs are continually updated so that students, staff and graduates are equipped to meet the challenges of the 21th century.
MKCE has excellent opportunities for talented employees across academic, professional, teaching and research areas. As a global education provider they understand that their staff underpin their reputation and enhance their contribution to the wider community. MKCE makes a difference to the lives of their students, their staff and their community through their educational programs. They are committed to build new teaching spaces that engage students in active learning and to fostering innovation in curriculum design so that students graduate with appropriate skills. Pathways between vocational and higher education offer students flexible entry opportunities, or the option of qualifications combing the best of both.
What differentiates MKCE from many others in the field is that its placement. Around 97% students had been placed in the last year campus placement in throughout the world. The Alumni have been working in all over the world in leading companies like Infosys, Wipro, ZOHO, Capgemini, Infosys, Photon, Telstra, Infoview, HCL, Amazon… Leading companies across various disciplines come for campus placements at MKSE. In technical courses, nearly all students are placed even one year before the completion of the course. Considering their placement approach, the college has been ranked one of the best institutions of India by several leading magazines. Added to this, our students are participating in various Internship programs and we have signed MoU with many MNCs’ and Core industries. The college has recently been chosen as the ‘Best Engineering College’ in India for Rural development by Education Post, New Delhi.
MKSE offers their students comprehensive hostel facilities for boys and girls separately within the college campus. Caring wardens and a vigilant security ensures a pleasant stay allowing students to focus on academics. For the girls’ safety, the college has biometric system for their time-in and time-out for a clear record. Their parents are well informed about their wards in terms of any lateral entry to the hostel by sending messages. The life in the hostel enables students to spend ample time in the institute, utilize library and other facilities to ensure they develop academically and acquire the necessary skills that can be obtained only through experience.
Awards & Recognition
- Best principal award in the year 2017 -E&T
- Our principal got International achieves award for excellence in education & Dr. A. P. J. Kalam award for the best faculty
- “Best College of the year 2016” by Higher education review
- Department of Information Technology was recognized by “Government of TamilNadu, Transport Department “on Successful completion Accident Status Report Project for Government of TamilNadu, Transport Department on 01.09.16
- G.Mohanaprabha HOD-IT Received “Best Academic Administrator Award” from TAFSA on 01.10.16.
- B. Padminidevi ASP/IT Received “Young Women Educator & Researcher Award” from NFED, Coimbatore on 08.03.17.
- T. Rumeena of III-IT got 6 months Internship in IIT-Bombay with Rs.10000 from Dec’2017 to May’2017.
- S. Santosh, Mr. A. Infant Sabin of III IT Won the Championship of “HACKATHON Contest “organized by HCL Technologies on 30.03.18, Madurai & Received Rs.27000 as cash prize & Got Provisional Offer Letter from Mithr Artificial Intelligence Private Limited.
- Karthikeyan, B. Soundhar, R.Sugunesh and E.Theeran (Mechanical Students) Receiving their Scholarship of 5 Lakh & Entry Pass to FORGE Accelerator from Mr. Ramanan Ramanathan, Mission Director, Atal Innovation Mission, Government of India in the Presence of Secretary Dr. K. Ramakrishnan
- Three patents have been published in the Department of Mechanical Engineering during the academic year 2016-17
- S. Thilagamani, Dean & HoD-CSE has been awarded as “Excellence Teaching in Higher Education” from AIRF-International Women Researchers Connect and Awards 2018.
- S.Thilagamani, Dean & HoD-CSE received the letter of appreciation for Massively Empowered Classrooms from Microsoft.
- S. Thilagamani, Dean & HoD-CSE has been awarded as the “Best Teacher Award” from Navraj Education Trust, Coimbatore and also received Distinguished HoD Award ” from Computer Society of India, Mumbai Chapter.
- V. Mani (AHOD – CSE) and Mr. K. Prem Kumar (AP – CSE) have been awarded as “Gold Level Partner” and “Silver Level Partner” by Infosys.
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering received IEEE Award-Best activity award in the year 2018.
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering IEEE Largest membership award in TamilNadu in the year 2018.
- A.Sridevi has received award for excellence in teaching from Indus Foundation (Indo-American 2016 Excellence Education Summit 2016).
- S.Palanivel Rajan has been awarded as “Chartered Engineer” by the Institution of Engineers (India), Mumbai