Aegis School of Business, Data Science, Cyber Security & Telecommunication: An up-close at a mentor nurturing cross-functional techno business leaders
It gets nearly impossible to do the honour of introducing an institute known for nurturing ‘techno-business materials’ and carve them into future leaders. Favoured by Bharti (Airtel), Aegis School of Business, Data Science, Cyber Security & Telecommunication commenced its expedition in 2002 to cultivate cross-functional leaders who not only understand technology but also understand the other functional areas from a regulatory perspective. Commissioned to suffice the current and future needs of industry, Aegis is ardent towards providing world-class education, consulting and research in the Big Data, Data Science, and Management for creating a talent-pool of innovative professionals for bridging the gap in harnessing the potential for necessary skills required in the context of rapid technological advances. The traditional model of dichotomy in producing generic managers isolated from required techno-functional competencies are questioned in the new educational paradigm. The evolving teaching pedagogy incorporating sound academic framework and continuous curriculum updates with an emphasis on applied problem solution make Aegis a distinguished Institution meeting the growing challenges catalyzing disruptive capabilities by integrating to manage ever-increasing challenges in transforming the business organization.
Carving out as a differentiator
“We are sanguine that our participants are not just our students…they are our future ambassadors!”
The organization launched Masters in Telecommunication Management (MPTM) with inputs from industry leaders, Bharti Airtel, GTL, Ericsson, Vodafone, Idea, BSNL, HCL, Nokia etc. Following the success of this industry-academia alliance in 2015, Aegis confederated with IBM and launched India’s first Post Graduate Program (PGP) in Data Science, Business Analytics, and Big Data. Aegis’ initial journey was welcomed with a bundle of hurdles; earning the right industry partners, gaining inputs for the curriculum and subsequently handpicking the faculty having industry exposure to deliver the program. Today, with successfully accomplishing its 16-year old journey, Aegis nestles a robust career management centre which helps the students to successfully transform their careers into Data science, Big Data and Business Analytics. At Aegis the organization engages its students with the industries by taking following initiatives:
- Leadership Series: Different thought leaders from industries are invited to speak upon the latest innovation and disruptive technologies seeding in the field of Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning etc.
- Hackathons: Industry experts working on the disruptive technologies such as Machine Learning, deep learning, AI, Cognitive Computing etc. to conduct the Hackathon in these areas. This provides a platform which bridges the skill gap and eventually the participants also get their hands dirty with the technologies .
- Data Science Congress: Through Data Science Congress, Aegis participants get exposed to the latest innovations and technologies being used in the field of Data Science, Machine Learning, AI, Deep Learning, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing etc.
- Aegis Graham Bell Award: Participants get the exposure on the breakthrough innovation in the field of Telecom, Internet, Media, Edutainment, Social, Mobility, Analytics, Cloud, Data Science and IOT.
- Data Science Delivered (Big Data Product Factory): Aegis participants get opportunities to work on these live projects like Churn Prediction, Call drop analysis from leading telecom; NLP projects, consumer analytics, sentiment analysis etc. Career Management Center (CMC) at Aegis facilitates all students placement and paid internship opportunities.
The listed placement partners include Accenture, Atos, Angel Broking, Cybage, edelweiss, HDFC, Ford, Fractal, IBM, Aditya Birla, Suzlon, Eclerx, Aureus Analytics, Deloitte, Exponentia, Clover Infotech, Virtusa, Credit Vidya, Shzertech, Loginext, Persistent, L&T Finance, Whizminds, Mobiliya, Emmfer, Infrasoft, Eigen Technologies, Intelenet, Pentation, Light app, Ixsight, Softcell, Easy Farm, Exponentia Data Labs, Open Insights, eClerx,Bayer, Cuddle, Cosmodea, Karza, Kaara, Lexis Nexis etc.
- Data Science, Business Analytics and Big Data- Association with IBM
- Full Time Post Graduate Program In Data Science, Business Analytics & Big Data
- Executive (Weekend) Post-Graduate Program In Data Science, Business Analytics & Big
- Executive (Online) Post Graduate Program In Data Science, Business Analytics & Big Data
- Post Graduate Program (PGP) In Cyber Security
- Post Graduate Program (PGP) In Telecommunication Management
Striving towards a brighter future
The management intends to position Aegis as one of the best institute parting knowledge for application of data science, analytics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Big Data, Blockchain, Cyber security for social good, business, and good governance.
Driving forces behind Aegis’ fruitful journey
Dr. Abhijit Gangopadhyay
Dean and Prof. Organizational Behaviour
The Former founding Dean of Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM Indore), He possesses more than four decades of experience in Management education. He has been associated with various leading academic institutions such as School of Management & Labour Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai (TISS), SVP National Police Academy, Defence Research & Development(DRDO), Ministry of Defence, New Delhi. He also held the position of Director at Central Labour Institute, Ministry of Labour, DGFASLI.
Mr. Bhupesh Daheria
He is a serial entrepreneur having a seasoned experience of 23 years. He is the brain behind mUniversity.mobi, Aegis Graham Bell Awards, Big Data Product Factory and Data Science Congress. He has been invited as a speaker at various conferences, Bloomberg TV, corporate workshops and meet-ups where he has addressed to over 50,000 professionals on Data Science, Big Data and helped them demystify data science, big data. He has co-authored a whitepaper by Deloitte and Aegis on “Opportunities inTelecom Sector Arising from Big Dataand Data Science transforming ICT domain”.
Dr. Vinay Kulkarni
Director and Faculty for Statistics and Probability, Big Data
He also served as the Vice President at Geometric Ltd. He has been the Former Strategic Advisor to Mindmap IT Solution as well. Adjunct Professor of IIT, Bombay.
He is positioned as the Professor of Pediatrics at MGM Medical College. During his professional stint, he played distinct roles such as the Former Vice-Chancellor at Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore. He also served as the national President for Indian Medical Association.
Mr. Ved Prakash Chandan
He has served leading positions at various institutions such as Consultant at World Bank, Former President at Qualcomm India Additional member (Telecom), Railway Board Director, PCL & GCEL Vice Chairman, Indo- French Technical Association Member, Governing Council, ERDCI, Ministry of IT Member, SACFA, Minister of Communications.
Words of wisdom
Today’s generation needs to complete not only with the human being but also with Machines. The application of AI, ML, Deep learning, Data Science is growing in India and around the world in almost every industry, telecom, IT, Insurance, manufacturing, healthcare, banking, retail, media, consulting, e-commerce, oil & gas, automobile, airline, Govt, NGOs and start-ups and every functional area. With our own experience at Aegis School of Data Science of addressing to over 35,000 professionals across the country in last three years, we have realized there is a huge appetite to learn data science primarily driven by high salaries, demand, fear of losing jobs, and of course the intellectual challenges this field offers. As India is a hub for young talent, we need this talent to be utilized in the field of Data Science, AI, Machine Learning, to come up with more and more innovation which can help our country to become a leader in this field. We also want the young people should come forward to build new start us which will initiate this innovation and can use to develop the products which will benefit the entire humankind.