One of the fastest growing Business Advisory Firms, MARC is committed to delivering excellence and partnering success
One of the fastest growing Business Advisory Firms,
MARC is committed to delivering excellence and partnering success
Poised to bring about ‘Mangal’ for all stakeholders – clients, employees, partners and the society in general, Mangal Analytics and Research Consulting Pvt. Ltd. (MARC) has emerged as one of the fastest growing management consulting and business advisory services providers in India. The company strives for providing businesses with customized advisory services which enable them to overcome their pain points and create sustainable competitive advantage. It achieves what it aims for by “Stepping into your shoes and going miles deep to understand needs and problems”. The company was set up by Ashutosh Kharangate in August, 2010 and was initially incorporated as a partnership firm under the name Mangal Advisory Services. With expansion of its portfolio in 2015, the company started functioning as ‘Mangal Analytics and Research Consulting’. The firm is mainly focused on providing guidance to the burgeoning SME sector and aims at empowering small and medium businesses with proper and the most appropriate financial and analytical techniques. As a team, MARC lets budding entrepreneurs focus on achieving key objectives in their business and takes care of other complexities; this ultimately leads to unprecedented growth.
MARC operates from its offices located in Mumbai, Pune and Goa. It has positioned itself strongly in the market delivering specialized services in three key verticals namely Mergers and Acquisitions, Financial analytics and Market research. Progressing at a fast pace, the company has already served more than 200 SMEs across the country offering project report / business plan and outsourced CFO services. MARC’s rich clientele envelops several leading and reputed names including Monginis master franchise in Goa, Magsons – the largest chain of superstores in Goa, Alcon Group, Optel Vision Inc, Astra Group of Companies and well known five star hotel brands. Not to mention, the firm is also appointed by other larger firms outside Goa to execute due diligence and project feasibility transactions across the country.
MARC works with several international consultants and executes niche financial projects. Recently, the company has entered into an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) with a Portugal based giant, which is well established in other parts of Europe, Africa and South America. This alliance would help Indian companies to represent themselves at an international platform. Similarly, it would help foreign companies to establish a base in India.
MARC’s plush portfolio covers a wide range of best in class services that are delivered by a team of expert professionals including Chartered Accountants, Strategic Planners, Engineers, Company Secretaries, LLBs and MBAs. MARC provides services across two major verticals – Transaction advisory and management consulting. Transaction advisory covers services in mergers and acquisitions, project feasibility studies and profitability analyses while Management Consulting service offerings are focused towards providing real time support to improve the accounting, financial and operational systems. Here’s a glimpse of the major offerings:
- Project Feasibility Services – As an effort to reduce failures, MARC’s team conducts a thorough research on the whole concept of the business. This research entails making an assessment of revenue one can generate over a period of next 3-5 years. It also includes detailed assessment of costs, both initial and operational. Hence, it becomes easy to gauge Profitability & ROI.
- MARC does not shy away from providing localized service too. It helps several businesses start up shops at different locations by doing a primary research to assess revenues and costs.
- Financial Analytics – The efforts are invested to aid businesses achieve more profitability. The client’s financial statements and other records are assessed to identify loopholes and suggest ways and means of improving profitability. MARC also specializes in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) which enable protection against income leakages while ensuring smooth operations. MARC also outsources financial analytics to global leaders as well as it also holds expertise in developing complex financial models for its clients across diversified sectors.
- Mergers and Acquisitions – MARC has been able to obtain an eye seizing prominence in the market as a peerless Merger & Acquisition Services provider. MARC’s outstanding team brings a proven finesse with it for preparing the right documents for investors and obtaining the right valuation; and also providing legal support towards ensuring that clauses affecting the financial interest of the client are well protected. In a chat with The CEO Magazine, Ashutosh Kharangate-Managing Director, MARC says, “Due diligence is our core forte and we are hired across the country to execute challenging assignments. Recently, we did a project which had a group of companies spread across 5 continents. Hence we needed to comment on the accounting process and procedures across these areas which were challenging to say the least.”
- Internationalization – MARC empowers businesses find and explore inbound and outbound markets across borders. Depending on the product / service, MARC’s counterparts look for the right match after a thorough research and also suggest the best entry strategy.
Speaking about what sets MARC apart from others and enable it to lead the market, Mr. Ashutosh Kharangate shares, “We have learnt our traits in a small market like Goa, where we face several challenges on account of severe lack of resources. This has made us develop scientific tools of data capture. We also bend our backs to obtain data from primary sources. Hence our findings and submissions as compared to actual results have minimum variations. Having been associated with one of the Big 4s also ensures top notch quality of the deliverable. Our team has been trained to deliver high quality product at an affordable price; also, we are very flexible and develop deliverables as per clients’ specific needs.”
Mr. Kharangate’s enterprising spirit stimulated him to walk through uncharted territories and led to the establishment of MARC in Goa at a time when the market was not open to such services. Since inception, MARC invested unswerving and proactive efforts towards expanding its portfolio and achieve excellence in services that resulted in obtaining growth at an astounding CAGR of 30% over the last three years. MARC’s services have been entrusted by numerous national clients from Belgaum, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai, Kerala and Delhi as well as global clients from Portugal, Sweden, Canada and other countries. The firm has been acknowledged as one of the ‘Top 25 Financial Consultants’ by Consultants Review Magazine.
MARC is following a clear roadmap for expanding its footprints in the Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities mainly in the Western Region. It plans to collaborate with other traditional consulting firms and provide their clients with niche business advisory support. Throwing light on the company’s future plans, Mr. Kharangate adds, “MARC is keen on making Goa and India the hub of execution of complex analytics for the world. We are serving as a part of an international network to achieve the same. This will enable us to support ‘Make in India’. We have recently achieved success in getting a Canadian company dealing in Pharma control equipment to set up a manufacturing unit in India. We are looking forward to develop our own proprietary software which would help SMEs to be more financially literate for better decision making.”
Inspiration behind the Success
CA Ashutosh Kharangate – Founder & Managing Director, MARC is a Commerce Graduate and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Prior to founding MARC, Ashutosh worked in the financial advisory division of PwC, Mumbai. In this stint of 4 years he worked with several private equities and venture capitalists. Ashutosh is also a member of Goa Chamber of Commerce and Industry and CII, Goa.
His stint with Kineco Pvt. Ltd. in Goa fueled his interest in financial analytics. It also inflamed his passion for popularizing Goa in the landscape of Business Advisory Services. His company, Mangal Analytics and Research Consulting Pvt. Ltd. (MARC) is named after his mother, Mangal.