Lotus Hospital for Women & Children:
Catering to Smiles, Care, Excellence & Leadership in Healthcare Management
Achieving universal health coverage particularly for infants, cute toddlers , children and women is an appropriate, feasible and paramount goal for all nations. Lotus Hospitals is driven to provide the highest quality healthcare services for women and children of India by extending the entire spectrum health services to them.
Incorporated at Lakdikapul, Hyderabad on 10th November 2006, the Lotus Hospitals Groups’ excellence runs through all its branches standing out of the crowd : as an exemplary model of integrating women’s and children’s healthcare services all under one roof. Lotus Hospitals for Women and Children steadfastly pursue the quality policy ‘ To fulfill the healthcare needs of patients using the best practices in an ethical and cost effective manner by a qualified team of doctors and support staff ’.
The state-of-art medical infrastructure and facilities follow international protocols of safety and efficiency. The flagship center ( main tertiary care hospital ) is a 150 bedded well equipped hospital nestled in the heart of the city, equidistant from all directions The Hospital is managed by its Directors Dr. V.S.V. Prasad as CEO, Dr.(Mrs) V. Hemamalini, Director-Operations, Dr.(Retd.Lt.Col) N.K. Sarangi, Medical Superintendent, and staffed by competent teams of specialist doctors, consultants, technicians, analysts, registered nurses, qualified general nursing midwifes, auxiliary nursing midwifes, qualified pharmacists, housekeeping personnel, biomedical engineers and administrative personnel. The Hospital is also equipped with a full-fledged laboratory to carry out all necessary diagnostic investigations.
The Lotus team is dedicated to provide the highest quality of care to women and children in their mission to make their chain of centers world class hospitals in India. Lotus Hospital for Women & Children is empanelled with several governmental and corporate organizations, insurance companies and third party administered organizations for the provision of healthcare services.
Over the last decade, the organization has established three more hospitals in addition to the flagship center at Lakdikapul, Hyderabad, Telangana.They include two within Hyderabad : at Kukatpally and L.B. Nagar and one at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh State with a combined capacity of 300 beds. The unique feature of these finest centers in India is the meticulous attention paid to the design and detail and in particular a very child friendly ambience for areas of the hospital catering to children. The floor plans are all detailed and planned meticulously to ensure smooth workflow and patient transfers between floors for their healthcare needs.
- The hospital is accredited by the College of Pediatric Critical Care, India and the Indian Academy of Pediatrics – Intensive Care Chapter, for training paediatricians as ‘Pediatric Intensivists’ and by National Board of Examinations, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi, for training medical graduates as pediatricians.
- Lotus Hospital has been accredited by the I. A. P. Neonatology Chapter (Indian Academy of Pediatrics-Neonatology Chapter, for training pediatricians as ‘Neonatologists‘.
Treatment of patients is carried out under controlled conditions as per the standard operating procedures and protocols. Doctors ensure close monitoring of the condition of the patients and evaluate the status during their frequent visits. After delivery, the mother and child are tagged suitably prior to transfer to the ward to ensure positive identification. The child’s foot print is marked in the Medical record for identification and traceability. Customer feedback and complaints are timely evaluated to get an insight into the level of customer satisfaction.
The Man behind blooming Lotus
“We are an ethical, transparent group and follow purely ‘evidence based medicine’ in all our centers with a wide variety of accommodation to suit the budget of low income families in addition to the middle and upper income strata of society.”- Dr. V.S.V. PRASAD
A triple gold medallist in MBBS and MD Pediatrics degree holder from AIIMS,New Delhi, Dr. V.S.V. PRASAD needs no introduction. He brings with him an illustrious and brilliant academic career after his MD with advanced clinical fellowship training in both the United Kingdom and the United States of America for seven years. With an expertise of 26 years in Neonatology and Pediatric Intensive Care, way back in 1997 during a visit to India on vacation from the United States, he observed the stark condition of hospitals in the country. This prompted him to think of how world class healthcare facilities could be created in India and the feasibility of setting up a world class hospital in India. He played an instrumental role in bringing advanced children’s health care to undivided Andhra Pradesh State for the first time in 1999, the year he returned permanently back to Hyderabad from the United States. Before his return and initiatives, there was a non existent advanced and structured healthcare system for children and women in the city and state. He pioneered and spearheaded the change ! Dr. V.S.V. Prasad is currently serving Lotus Hospital for Women & Children, Lakdikapul, Hyderabad as the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Consultant Neonatologist & Pediatric Intensivist. He is an active member of many professional bodies including the Indian Academy of Pediatrics, IAP Intensive Care Chapter and the Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine, ISCCM. He has published original articles and several case reports in several journals with over 14 publications in peer reviewed, indexed medical journals.
Lotus Hospital for Women & Children: ‘ An inside view ’
The Hospital chain has established quality objectives and systems in line with the national standards set by the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and the National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories to consistently provide medical services to patients meeting customer, legal, and other requirements, aiming to enhance customer satisfaction, preventing pollution, preventing ill health and injury to staff and visitors, improving the performance of the hospital and collecting and analyzing data to identify the areas for improvement in the processes, services and systems of relevant functions and levels for the processes needed for the quality management system. The performances of all functional activities are reviewed periodically to evaluate the achievement of quality objectives.
Management review of all activities of the hospital is scheduled following regular internal audits which are planned and scheduled once in six month. A project titled Inspirational Workplace for reduction in the attrition of staff with the implementation of HIMS Software application package and the training of staff was successfully executed during 2013-2016 as a Service Delivery Innovation. Technology driven innovations are promptly applied in Pediatric and Obstetric – Gynecology services. As a part of continuing education and research, various courses are offered and several seminars, continuing medical and nursing education programmes in the fields of pediatrics, pediatric specialities, neonatology and obstetrics & gynecology. Training Programs of 1 hour duration are conducted on about 80 different clinical and nonclinical topics covering all nursing staff. The management is continually on the lookout for opportunities to improve the performance of the hospital and to enhance customer satisfaction.
Claps and way post
- The clinical research papers published by the consultants received 16 Citations (National & International journals).
- Lotus Hospital for Women & Children was adjudged the ‘Best Paediatric Hospital in India, Ranked No.1’ by ‘Indian Healthcare Awards 2016’ sponsored by ICICI Lombard Insurance 24X7 & CNBC TV 18.
- Lotus Hospital for Women & Children received the ‘Express Healthcare Excellence Awards 2016’ for ‘Best Inspirational Work Place’ by United Biotech Limited & Indian Express group.
- V.S.V. Prasad, CEO, of the Lotus Hospital for Women & Children was honoured with a citation and listed among the ‘ 100 Most Impactful Healthcare Leaders ‘ – Global Listing, conferred at the “ World Health & Wellness Congress and Awards by CMO Asia and received the citation at a glittering event in Mumbai on 14 February, 2017.
- Lotus Hospital for Women & Children was recognised as the ‘Best Hospital of the Year in Pediatrics in the Telugu States’ and was presented the ‘Times of India Healthcare Achievers Awards, 2017’, on 28th February, 2017.
- V.S.V.Prasad was awarded a citation for being the “ Legend of the Year in Pediatrics “ at the ‘Times of India Healthcare Achievers Awards, 2017’, on 28th February, 2017. He was chosen as THE ONLY ONE PEDIATRICIAN amongst over 5000 Pediatricians all over Telangana and Andhra Pradesh states.
- Lotus Hospital for Women & Children received an International award and citation for recognition as the ‘Best Hospital for Pediatrics & Gynecology ’by CMO Asia at the Golden Globe Tigers Award 2017 for Excellence in Leadership and Healthcare Management, at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 24th April, 2017.