NIEC: Dedicated to delivering high quality teaching and research across all engineering disciplines
NIEC: Dedicated to delivering high quality teaching and research across all engineering disciplines
The time has knocked the door when the hunt for colleges begin among engineering aspirants. As selecting a good college isn’t easy; many consult seniors while others follow in the footsteps of friends. As the degree defines one’s future, it is important that students do a little research, and identify and scrutinize a few colleges before choosing the best among them. The CEO Magazine takes this onus to make students aware of right places for students considering quality of education and comprehensive placement scopes.
Northern India Engineering College (NIEC) is one of the best available educational places for students which has positioned itself strongly among very few best colleges in North India. The college has a dedicated Training & Placement Department, who coordinates the training & placement activities of the college. Almost 80% of the eligible students are placed every year through the T & P Cell. The students of NIEC are placed in reputed companies and organizations that include Infosys, Google, Indian Army, Infoedge, Birlasoft, HCL, Accenture, Oracle, Jaro Education, NEC Placement, Yamaha, Sofcon etc. The average package is Rs. 3.5 Lakh per annum and maximum package of Rs. 18 lakh was offered by Google.
Northern India Engineering College (NIEC) is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi, approved by AICTE and Ministry of HRD, New Delhi. It is also accreditated by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) and is ISO 9001:2008 and ENISO 14001:2004 certified. Established in 2003 by Babu Banarasi Dass Educational Society, the college offers top class education in Engineering, Business Administration and Computer Application at UG and PG levels. NIEC is blessed to have eminent, well qualified and experienced faculty members from IIT, NIT, Govt. Institutions etc., who believes in delivering quality lectures to the students and groom them in pace with the present market scenario. Presently the strength is about 4600 students in the college for different programs. The College provides for a wide variety of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities which give a head-start to students, developing their personality and imparting skills of decision-making and leadership. Campus Placement Department assists student’s secure good jobs.
The organization works with clear objective to provide quality Technical Education facilities to every student admitted to the College and facilitate the development of all round personality of the students. NIEC provides most competent staff and excellent support facilities like laboratory, library and internet required for good education on a continuous basis. Faculty members and students are encouraged to organize and participate in in-house and outside training programmes, seminars, conferences and workshops. NIEC offers incentives and encouragement to motivate staff and students to actively involve in research-innovative projects in collaboration with industry and R & D centers. The students also get several opportunities to meet with famous personalities because the college invites eminent persons from industry from India and abroad for collaboration and promote industry-institute partnership. The Fee structure as per the recommendation of GGSIP University is strictly followed and management provides scholarship to meritorious students and economically weaker section. Every year the management honors the University Toppers with Babu Banarasi Das Award along with certificate of appreciation and Cash Prize. Further, the students are given opportunity to get enrolled for scholarship from GGSIP University, State Govt. and Central Government, New Delhi.
The differentiating factors of NIEC
- Extra classes are conducted for weak students.
- Technical as well as aptitude trainings are given to the students for nurturing them for placement activities.
- Group Discussions, Personality Development, Mock Interviews are conducted to enhance the soft skills of students.
- Industrial visits are organized in every semester to get the industrial exposure.
- Guest Lectures by eminent personalities from the Industries and Academia are organized on a regular basis.
- NPTEL Lectures are available in the Department as well as Library.
- Conferences, Seminars, Workshop are organized frequently.
- Financial assistance is provided to students for their B.Tech Projects.
- The College has separate IEEE, ISTE Chapters which conducts programs on regular basis.
- Social service through NSS is carried out to inculcate human values among the students.
Milestones of NIEC
- AICTE has signed a MOU with Stanford University, California, USA for improving the Quality of Engineering Education at the UG level in Engineering Institutions in India. NIEC has been selected to be a part of this Quality Improvement Program.
- College got a Sponsored Project titled “Hybrid Satellite Terrestrial Communication: Algorithm Design & Performance Analysis” for an amount of Rs.36.92 Lakh from Department of Science & Technology (DST) and got a consultancy from CPWD, Central Govt. to make a Structural Design.
- NIEC is the Nodal Centre of NITTTR, Chandigarh.
- Students have brought Laurel to College by winning a total of 17 Gold Medals in Academics since 2007 in GGSIP University Examination. In year 2016, Prateek Mishra B.Tech (ECE), Rahul Upadhyay B.Tech (Civil Engineering) and Manish Gupta B.Tech (MAE) were awarded Gold Medals for their meritorious performance in GGSIP University examination.
- With an objective to improve the research activities, a research journal – NIEC Anveshan Patrika, is being published half yearly by the Institute.
- Virtual labs have been set-up in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee to enhance the practical knowledge of students.
- Computer labs of the Institute are certified by TCS.
- Three Projects designed by students got First & Second Prize in GGSIPU B. Tech Major Project Competition, 2016.
- The Student Chapter of IEEE got funding of $9,840 from EPICS to develop “Automatic Wheelchair for Disabled People”.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) designed by the Zeppelin Society of College participated in AUVSI students unmanned Air Systems (SUAS) held in Maryland, USA and won Cash prize of 400 US $.
- “All Terrain Vehicle” developed by MAE students were displayed at AUTO-EXPO 2014 in Greater Noida.
- Mr. Tushar Khatri, our student won prize in “एक भारत श्रेष्ठ भारत” Contest organized by Govt. of India and awarded Certificate and Cash Prize of Rs.50,000/- from Shri Narender Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
- Rishabh Saxena CSE student has raised a funding of $ 100,000 from India’s Largest Satellite Network “VCOMMISSION” for his startup Let Reach.
- Students have brought Laurel to College by winning a total of 18 medals in GGSIP University Sports Meet, 2016-17. One student Ms. Srishti Vig was adjudged with the Best Athlete of the GGSIP University Sports Meet continuously for the past three years.
- The students have represented the University in various sports such as Cricket, Volleyball, Basketball, Football, Kabaddi, Badminton in the National Championship.
- Apart from academics, students have bagged several medals in the Cultural Fest “Anugoonj” of GGSIP University.
- College is associated with Infosys for Infosys Campus Connect Program.
- Students are placed in prestigious companies like Infosys, TCS, J.K. Technosoft, NIIT Technologies, Tech Mahindra, Google, Infoedge, Birlasoft, HCL, Accenture, Oracle etc.
Awards & Recognitions
- College received “Outstanding Institution Award 2014” from NITTTR, Chandigarh (Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India).
- “Global Education Excellence Award-2014” is organized by Prime Time Research Media Pvt. Ltd. on 9th March, 2014. NIEC has received “Best Engineering College in Delhi”
- “Best Engineering Institute in Delhi” Award from Prime Time Research Pvt. Ltd. in 2013.
- NIEC has received “Best Institutions of Engineering from Delhi” Award from Indian Achievers Podium, Delhi. NIEC has also been included in the list of INDIA’s BEST – Engineering Institutes, 2012 published by Dalal Street.
The Spirits behind NIEC
Dr. Akhilesh Das Gupta
Dr. Akhilesh Das Gupta is the Chairman of Northern India Engineering College, New Delhi. He is Founder & Chairman, BBD Group of Education, President, Badminton Association of India, Vice-President, Badminton Asia Confederation, Vice-President, Indian Olympic Association, Ex-Union Minister of State, Government of India and Former Mayor of Lucknow. A distinguished political leader, philanthropist, educationist and social worker, Dr. Akhilesh Das Gupta is the pride of Lucknow. He has undoubtedly established himself as a worthy son of his illustrious father Late Babu Banarasi Das ji, ex-chief minister of Uttar Pradesh.
Mrs. Alka Das Gupta
Mrs. Alka Das Gupta is the Vice Chairperson of Northern India Engineering College, New Delhi. She is also Chancellor, BBD University, Lucknow, Co-founder, BBD Group of Education, Vice-Chairperson, BBD Group of Education, Advocate and Social Worker.
She is a legal consultant to several reputed organizations and is actively devoted to Social Work. The establishment of Northern India Engineering College, New Delhi is an initiative taken by her to provide Quality professional education that matches the International Standards. Mrs. Gupta also shares her thoughts with public through articles in eminent newspapers. As a Co-founder of Babu Banarasi Das Group of Educational Institutions, Mrs. Gupta has made a sincere effort in order to nurture the young generation of highly motivated students with an inbuilt commitment to do something constructive for the country.
Shri S. N. Garg
Shri S. N. Garg is the CEO of Northern India Engineering College, New Delhi. He is M.Com, CAIIB, DLL, and LLB. He is Gold Medalist from Punjab University. He has retired as top executive of a Nationalized Bank after serving 39 years. He has been awarded sixteen times for improvement in banking procedures and honoured for his excellent working. He is also honoured for his best management qualities.
Prof. (Dr.) G. P. Govil
Prof. (Dr.) G. P. Govil is the Director of Northern India Engineering College, New Delhi. He is Ph.D. and M. Tech from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and is B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh. He has in total 42 years of experience. He is in expert panel of National Board of Accreditation, Bio Gas Expert Panel of Ministry of New Renewable Energy (MNRE), Govt. of India, Bio Gas Training & Development Centre (BTDC), IIT, Delhi, Member-Rural Technology Action Group (RuTAG), IIT Delhi. He is the life member of ISTE. He has been in abroad for about 15 years. He has held various key positions in the field of academia and industry in India as well as Abroad. He has several publications in International and National Journals, Conferences. He has two patents to his credit. Recently, he was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation by Rural Technology Action Group (RuTAG), IIT Delhi for successful execution of the Project entitled “Development of Biogas Conversion Kit for Diesel Engine”.