- Annual consolidated revenue at Rs.2,451.32 Crores.
- Annual consolidated PAT of Rs.428.64 Crores.
- Digital segment revenues grew by 9.78% from last year.
LYCOS (NSE: LYCOS I BSE: 532368), the global Internet brand, today announced its audited financial results for the year ended March 31st, 2017.
The company posted an annual revenue of Rs.2,451.32 crores and net profit of Rs.428.64 crores against the previous year revenue of Rs.2,255.90 crores and net profit of Rs.398.89 crores respectively. The digital segment revenues grew by 9.78% and overall revenue growth is 8.66% compared to last year.
The details of the results can be viewed at the company’s website www.lycos.com in the Investors’ section.
“The team delivered strong results yet again, powered by growth across programmatic, mobile and video advertising. The game plan now is to build our media properties and strengthen our reach in the high growth areas of advertising and targeting,” said Suresh Reddy, Chairman and CEO of LYCOS.
Brightcom (Powered by LYCOS)
- Brightcom tops Pixalate’s Video Trust Index (International) as per March 2017 report.
- Laid the ground work for the launch of Brightcom’s new native ad product suite.
- Following a long research period, Brightcom’s Israeli Ad-Tech Map was launched, which effectively brought some order into a vibrant yet crowded and complicated space. The map was covered in Israeli Media and shared worldwide. It is also used as an entry point to the local industry by various other organizations.
- We integrated the top four ad quality tools into Brightcom’s inventory and demand sources, a move which was also promoted extensively through the company’s various marketing venues.
- Also launched post-bid.com landing page geared to potential Demand side partners https://www.post-bid.com/
- The Brightcom team moved into a new office in Israel.
Mobile and Video
- In February, the team participated in the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
- In April, we participated in the Israeli AdTech conference where two of our executives appeared on the discussion panels.
- Our “Top 10 trends in digital advertising” was published in Nana10.
- We completed full colocation transition from our old facility to a new Verizon facility ( recently acquired by Equinox).
- Working on a summer release of a new Web Publishing platform based on the WordPress platform. This will provide more tools and functionality for our users. New equipment upgrade is in process as well in the new Equinix facility.
- Transitioned the majority of our domain reselling business to our partnership with Tucows to offer a more efficient email and domains purchasing platform to our users.
- Launched a co branded Lycos Sports app with a Canadian partner – Breaking Data.
- Signed an advertising agreement with Looksmart to help the supply demand needs to our inventory.
- Signed an agreement with Tinbu.com to expand our news content offerings in the following areas: Lottery, Horoscopes, Celebrity News, Sports, Gas Prices, Weather, Comics and Today in History.
- We re-launched the Lycos.com homepage for a cleaner look as can be seen by the US memorial day themed slides that was just launched.
- Nextag.com: launched a shopping vertical with this partner at shopping.lycos.com
- LYCOS – Corporate head office to move to a new space in Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
Conference Call Details:
LYCOS will host a conference call on Saturday, June 3rd, 2017, at 3.30 pm Indian Standard Time, to discuss the financial results. Call-in details will be available from the Investor Relations page of the company’s website at: http://corp.lycos.com/investors/
LYCOS is one of the original and most widely known Internet brands in the world, evolving from pioneering search on the web, into a family of three business units covering digital media, marketing, and Internet of Things (IoT).
LYCOS Media is a network of easy-to-use community and social sites in 120 languages across 177 countries. LYCOS’ award-winning products and services include tools for blogging, web publishing and hosting, online games, e-mail, and search. The LYCOS Network of sites and services include Lycos.com, Tripod, Angelfire, HotBot, Gamesville, WhoWhere, and LYCOS Mail.
‘Brightcom powered by LYCOS’, enables businesses, agencies, and online publishers worldwide in meeting their digital marketing needs, serving 40 billion impressions every month. Clients include leading blue chip advertisers like Airtel, British Airways, Coca-Cola, Hyundai Motors, ICICI Bank, ITC, ING, Lenovo, LIC, Maruti Suzuki, MTV, P&G, Qatar Airways, Samsung, Viacom, Sony, Star India, Vodafone, Titan, and Unilever. Publishers include Facebook, LinkedIn, MSN, Twitter, and Yahoo! LYCOS works with agencies like Havas Digital, JWT, Mediacom, Mindshare, Neo@Ogilvy, OgilvyOne, OMD, Satchi&Satchi, TBWA, and ZenithOptiMedia, to name a few.
LYCOS Life is the new consumer products division focused on IoT. LYCOS Life is dedicated to the future of communication and information management in which everyday objects will be connected to the internet, also known as the “Internet of Things” (IoT).
LYCOS employs around 450 people working out of 24 offices worldwide, across the US, Israel, India, Western Europe, Australia and Latin America. For more information please visit www.lycos.com
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” – that is, statements related to future, not past, events. In this context, forward-looking statements often address our expected future business and financial performance, and often contain words such as “expects,” “anticipates,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “seeks,” “should” or “will.” Forward–looking statements by their nature address matters that are, to different degrees, uncertain. For us, uncertainties arise from the behaviour of financial and digital marketing industry, and fluctuations in exchange rates; from future integration of businesses; and from numerous other matters of national, regional and global scale, including those of a political, economic, business, competitive or regulatory nature. These uncertainties may cause our actual future results to be materially different from those expressed in our forward-looking statements. We do not undertake to update our forward- looking statements.