Crossfire of Pragyan 2017 is all set to be edifying and inspirational to the attendees
Pragyan Crossfire is the annual panel discussion of Pragyan, the ISO 9001 and 20121 certified organization and annual international techno-management fest of NIT Trichy. Known for making reputed personalities and vibrant speakers come down over the years, this team organises a panel discussion of the highest quality on socially relevant topics during Pragyan. With the theme of ‘Equality vs. Equity’ and a brilliant line-up of speakers, the 2017 edition of Pragyan Crossfire assures a fiery yet illuminative set of analyses on topics relevant to the future of the nation. This year’s line-up lives up to the high expectations set by those of previous editions, hereby justified as follows.
- A renowned economist currently serving as senior policy advisor for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Amir Ullah Khan is also the Founder Vice Chancellor at the Glocal University of Saharanpur.
- Known widely as a social reformist and a vocal activist for gender equality in India, Ranjana Kumari is presently the director of internationally-renowned NGO Centre for Social Research, Delhi, and the Chairperson of Woman Power Connect.
- An anti-corruption activist and decentralization reformist, T R Raghunandan is the former Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Panchayati Raj and former Secretary of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Karnataka.
- Co-founder and Managing Editor of The News Minute, Dhanya Rajendran is an outstanding professional in the field of journalism. She is also the former Bureau Chief of Times Now, TGBCL.
- A human development economist, researcher and technical advisor, Santosh Mehrotra is a former economic advisor of the United Nations. He presently works as Professor of Economics, Centre for Informal Sector and Social Studies, School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Apart from being a professor of Quantitative Methods and Informative Systems at IIM-B, Trilochan Sastry is a relentless worker in the improvement of lives of farmers in drought-affected areas. Having obtained his doctorate from MIT, USA, he was also formerly a professor at IIM-A.
- Former Bureau Chief, executive editor and resident editor at NDTV 24X7, Sanjay Pinto will be the moderator of Crossfire at Pragyan 2017. He is a lawyer, columnist, author and public speaker.
With the presence of eminent Indian speakers and social reformists, Crossfire of Pragyan 2017 is all set to be edifying and inspirational to the attendees. The new age enlightenment that would pave the path for futuristic realizers of dreams is ready to herald in the span of the four days of Pragyan’17.
Let’s celebrate technology and spread the fire of knowledge in every heart that awaits the streak of universal wisdom!