You Can Measure What We Do, Says Kelsa Management
The CEO Magazine ● New Delhi
Headquartered in Chennai, Kelsa Management Solutions Private Limited (Kelsa) has been empowering over hundred and fifty clients across different industries by offering them a wide range of services and products. With a presence in Bangalore, NCR and Hyderabad, Kelsa has emerged as a prominent name among HR and Consultancy companies in India.
Kelsa is developing innovative world-class products and solutions that can serve enterprises across a wide range of business functions. Employing talent across levels of expertise and experience, they offer products such as its unique KelsaKonvex (a Comprehensive, Future-driven 360° HR Audit), Kelsa H3M3 (An Innovative Employee Engagement Framework) and Kelsa HR University (Beyond Academics to Applied Learning). Besides these, they provide services that address complex areas of HR Systems & Frameworks, HR Outsourcing, Compensation and Rewards, Leadership Development, Performance Management and Organization Development.
Kelsa understands clients’ business in its entirety and designs interventions drawing on the values and culture of the organization. Kelsa creates sustainable competitive advantage for its clients by enabling them to focus on their core business, while strengthening the people function at operational, tactical as well as strategic levels. Kelsa is well-equipped to serve corporate interests and provides solutions that are based on the the vast experience of its staff as well as research on the latest advances and trends in people management. Their clients range from start ups and SMEs to well known global names such as Pepsico, Honeywell, Durr, Wipro, Tata, TVS, Standard Chartered Bank.
While speaking with The CEO Magazine, K. Sridhar, MD of Kelsa Solutions said,
“Coming from different backgrounds, we conceptualized Kelsa in 2010. Over the past 7 years we have been supporting over hundred and fifty clients across manufacturing, IT, ITES, FMCG, digital media, hospitality, fashion industries in India and other geographies like Middle East, South Africa and the US. Our expertise lies in delivering scalable business-leveraging solutions both on a stand-alone basis or as a combination of tailored solutions to improve ROI. We believe in measuring what we do and hence provide you with metrics to measure the impact of our work”
- Sridhar, the MD of Kelsa Management, has been aggressively driving strategy to position Kelsa Management as a global HR and Consulting solutions provider. He brings over thirty five years of experience working with and growing organisations as a strategist. Prior to assuming the role of MD at Kelsa, he served GAVs Technologies, SSI Technologies, Ashok Leyland and Eicher. As Chief Operating Officer of GAVs Technologies, Sridhar headed its India and US team.
Sridhar is a Post-graduate in Management from the University of Madras and has also attended Carnegie-Mellon University, USA. He is a certified PCMM level 3 assessor from Carnegie Mellon.
- Shantaram and Cauvery Devika Dharmaraj, the co-founders of Kelsa serve the company as directors. Their passionate zeal and dedication to building a consulting organization that conceptualizes frameworks and delivers results of global quality have led Kelsa Management Solutions scale new heights and get excellent results. Much of Kelsa’s work has been in the area of performance and enabling organizations to perform better at levels of individual, team and corporate entities.
- Shantaram has played an invaluable role in leading this company in scaling new heights. With deep experience of twenty five years in in the field of Human Resources and an impeccable track record of success, Shantaram has worked with diverse organizations, ranging from transnational corporations with a workforce in excess of 15,000 to start-up companies with less than 30 employees.
He was a key member of the India leadership team at Sutherland Global Services, spearheading the growth of the organization from ‘proof-of concept’ to becoming one of the top 5 BPO companies in India (2004). During his stint with Sutherland Global Services, Shantaram managed Human Resources for their US operations for a few years. He completed his post-graduate degree in Management from XLRI, Jamshedpur.
Cauvery Devika Dharmaraj, also an alumnus of XLRI, Jamshedpur, has been working in the field of Human Resources over two decades. Prior to Kelsa Solutions, Devika has served manufacturing, IT and ITES, social enterprise and the not-for-profit sectors. Devika has worked for companies in UK and US in different capacities, and is also a certified executive coach .
A little bit about Kelsa’s products :The CEO Magazine wanted to know what makes the KelsaKonvex different from any other audit process? “We dwell not on the past or even the present, our Audit is from the perspective of the future – the focus is on ‘What should be’ not on ‘What has been’!
Here is what you get out of Kelsa’s audit:
- Mapping current HR Systems and Processes
- Defining desired Systems and Processes
- Documenting the need-gap
- A road map for the future
Another product that Kelsa is proud of is its H3M3 Employee Engagement Framework. Out of the box thinking, the confidence to take risks, decision-making, and the belief that this is ‘my company’ are the indicators of a high level of employee engagement in an organization. Kelsa’s H3M3 framework has been built on a deep understanding of Employee Engagement drivers; it is a product of Kelsa’s work with a wide range of clients across varied industry sectors.
So again, what makes it different? While it does focus on people-related systems and processes, Kelsa essentially works with organizations to transform their strategic and operational approach in such a way as to enable a sustained, high-performing workplace.
And here is what the framework does for the customer:
- Baseline the current level of Employee Engagement
- Jointly define the high-level Employee Engagement Framework
- Orient operating managers to the Framework
- Provide inputs to operating managers on improving Employee Engagement levels
- Monitor improvements in the Employee Engagement levels over a defined time-frame
There is an academic slant to Kelsa’s work as well – it’s HR University program that is tailored to be practical and translates theoretical concepts into reality on the ground for the dozens of HR professionals who have been certified by Kelsa’s unique program. Customizing theoretical concepts and practical wisdom to suit the HR needs of a particular organization is what has made this program a roaring success.
What can you expect out of Kelsa’s HR university?
- Learning modules that include both written material and workshops for a year
- Includes participative and experiential workshops
- Application of concepts to actual projects within the organization
- Measureable review with tests at specified frequencies
Other services Kelsa offers to its clientele are at different levels of expertise and experience : operational, tactical and at strategic levels. The company has consultants with a variety of skill sets and strengths that they bring to the table. These leverage the service offerings that Sridhar and his partners have carefully nurtured over the past seven years from setting up of HR Systems & Frameworks to Leadership Development and Coaching, Performance Management and Compensation & Rewards to Organization Development, and even HR Outsourcing where Kelsa acts as the de-facto HR arm for SMEs. Many of Kelsa’s service and product offerings are eagerly looked for by HR professionals in organizations where they may not have the band-width or perhaps the particular expertise to design or implement a certain initiative for the organization.
Kelsa’s consultants have been the driving force behind the splendid success of Kelsa Management Solutions as they ensure that all the services are delivered to clients in the most professional and time-bound manner.
Under the able stewardship of its visionary entrepreneurs, Kelsa Solutions is set to spread its wings to other destinations. With Sridhar at its helm, Kelsa is bound to reach new milestones and empower local and international clients with the ability to grow their talent and ensure robust people practices that will enable high performance.
Visit www.kelsasolutions.com to know more about their products and services.