Quashing the criminal complaint, the bench headed by Justice Dipak Misra said that the ingredients of the offence alleged in the criminal complaint amounting to hurting the religious feelings of the complainant are not made out.
Another bench of the apex court had in September last year quashed an identical complainant filed by another complainant before a court in Bengaluru.
The CEO Magazine Recommends You:
- Supreme Court quashes complaint against Dhoni
- Supreme Court quashes complaint against Dhoni (Lead)
- Supreme Court quashes complaint against Dhoni (Second Lead)
- SC decision on CBI plea in Babri Masjid conspiracy case on Wednesday
- SC summons Chief Secretaries of 10 drought-affected states
- Pay Rs. 2.5 crore to HPCA for holding 4th Test match, SC tells BCCI
- Protect witnesses in rape case against Asaram, says SC
- Politicians should not comment on crimes under investigation: SC
- RS disrupted, adjourned briefly over EVM row
- Constitution bench to hear triple talaq case in May
- Aadhaar not mandatory for social schemes: SC (Lead)
- SC refuses fast hearing on PIL against tainted politicians