The wider 51-scrip Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) rose by 25.30 points or 0.28 per cent, to 9,161.70 points.
The barometer 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the BSE, which opened at 29,575.66 points, traded at 29,483.04 points (at 9.22 a.m.) — up 60.65 points or 0.21 per cent from the previous close at 29,422.39 points.
The Sensex has so far touched a high of 29,584.34 points and a low of 29,482.73 points during the intra-day trade.
The BSE market breadth was tilted in favour of the bulls — with 1,184 advances and 325 declines.
The CEO Magazine Recommends You:
- Positive global cues, strong rupee lift Indian equities (Lead)
- Short covering lifts Indian equities (Second Lead)
- Positive global cues, inflows of funds lift Indian equities (Roundup)
- Foreign funds' inflows, short covering lift Indian equities (Roundup)
- Indian equities close with gains, banks stocks surge (Second Lead)
- Equities rise on positive global cues, strong rupee (Second Lead)
- Indian equities close higher on strong buying support (Second Lead)
- Indian equities close higher on derivatives expiry day (Second Lead)
- Equities scale new highs, global cues, rupee support rally (Market Review)
- Indian equities close with gains, banks stocks surge (Roundup)
- Indian equities slip, healthcare stocks face selling pressure (Lead)
- Equity markets trade higher, oil and gas stocks gain