ZENSAR’S DIGITAL AND ERP EXPERTISE DRIVING GROWTH AND ENABLING GLOBAL CUSTOMERS MEET BUSINESS OUTCOMES
ZENSAR’S DIGITAL AND ERP EXPERTISE DRIVING GROWTH AND ENABLING GLOBAL CUSTOMERS MEET BUSINESS OUTCOMES
Ganesh Natarajan at the helm of affairs – Driving Transformation
Zensar Technologies is a global partner of choice for organizations who are looking for transformational solutions designed to help achieve clear and visible business outcomes. The company has consistently displayed consistent growth with a 36.2% year on year PAT growth in Q1 FY 15-16. Fueled by robust growth, digital and ecommerce are leading the way with a healthy 16.5% revenue growth. Located across 29 global locations, with 8000+ associates and more than 400 customers worldwide, the company is strategically placed to help global businesses in new areas like cloud, social analytics, big data etc. It is a part of the well-respected USD 3Bn RPG group. Zensar enjoys a presence across the US, Singapore, China, the UK, Japan and Australia as well as in European, African and Middle Eastern nations serviced through dedicated delivery centres in India (Pune, Hyderabad and Bangalore).
Having earned the distinction of being the world’s first enterprise-wide SEI CMM Level 5 company, Zensar has a service portfolio that ranges from the traditional to the transformational – across service lines of Management Consulting, Digital enterprise, ERP, Cloud, Analytics, Business Application Services, Enterprise Solutions, Enterprise Collaboration Services, Testing and Assurance Services, BPM and Infrastructure Management Services. The company is a leading the way in powering next-generation enterprises with its cloud, mobility and social media solutions. Zensar’s experience across industries of retail, manufacturing, Insurance, Banking, Healthcare and others translate into a differentiated value proposition and faster time-to-market for clients. Their capability in infrastructure-oriented services ranges from remote infrastructure management to end user computing to data center services and security and compliance.
CEO and Vice-Chairman, Dr. Ganesh Natarajan, “In FY15, digital and e-commerce solutions have contributed 13% of our revenues. ERP implementations and support has contributed a further 21%. With the investments we are making in solutions and services in all these areas we expect these to contribute to over 2000 crore of Zensar global revenues by FY 18”.
Zensar’s clear differentiators are the comprehensive portfolio of solutions, robust practice expertise, vertical business focus, adaptability and the fast changing technologies that it enables its customers with to stay ahead of their competition.
Power of alliances
One of the key strategies followed by the company includes the choice to enter into alliances with specialized complementary service providers. The company entered into business-strengthening alliances with specialized technology providers like Oracle, SAP, Informatica, Navisite, Checkpoint, and many leaders or specialists in their segments. These alliances have strengthened Zensar’s position to deliver complete solutions.
It has also built a strong ecosystem of Digital partners for solutions around analytics, collaboration, big data, cloud and social, like Jive, Retail Next, BeyondCore etc. lending Zensar a wide range of capabilities required to address the needs of an emerging digital economy.
Some of the recent initiatives aimed at creating new benchmarks in offering enhanced solutions to its current and potential customers includes:
- It launched the Oracle Exalytics Lab in San Jose, California and is now a certified reseller of Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine. The Lab will provide Zensar with the ability to build proof-of-concepts for its customers and will additionally serve as a showcase centre for demos across Oracle’s BI stack – Business Intelligence on Cloud Service (BICS), Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS), Oracle Business Intelligence and Hyperion.
- The company has launched its state of the art Social Command Centre helping its clients harness the power of social insights for their businesses through the ZenSocial offering. The offering goes ‘beyond listening’, building on insights gleaned from user generated social data. These insights serve as starting points for businesses to create marketing or sales strategies which are relevant, topical and highly tailored to what the customers want.
- It recently launched the Oracle Cloud Lab at its corporate headquarters in Pune, India. Zensar is an Oracle Cloud Specialized Partner and an Oracle Platinum Partner and has demonstrated a successful partnership in helping organizations across the globe embark on their cloud journey. Zensar’s Oracle Cloud Lab is a step in the right direction towards our vision to help clients evaluate and adopt Oracle Cloud, also focusing on building better competency in Oracle Cloud.
- Entered into a strategic consulting partnership with JIVE Software (NASDAQ: JIVE). JIVE is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for businesses and this alliance is in keeping with Zensar’s focus on providing transformational digital solutions to customers to help achieve clear business outcomes. This alliance broadens the scope of Zensar’s digital solution capabilities, making the company an end-to-end collaboration solution integrator for JIVE, providing its clients with an enterprise wide collaboration strategy.
- Zensar’s newly acquired company, Professional Access has scaled up its Oracle Endeca capability, adding the much needed personalisation feature to its Oracle Commerce offering. The capability is being ramped up considerably by undertaking trainings and delivering on many Endeca projects.
Each initiative is a step towards ensuring that the company and its team is well equipped to address emerging needs of the digital led business, looking for effective solutions backed by seamless implementation. The teams are well equipped to lead end to end projects, with vertical expertise coupled with the latest technology driving the same.
Quote of Dr Ganesh Natarajan, CEO & Vice-Chairman, “Our continuous focus is towards building customer-centric capabilities designed to help our customers maximize the potential of digitization.With ~200 annuity customers, Zensar has numerous clients with tenure of more than 5 years which still continue to grow in size and revenues. Other metrics such as growth of Digital revenues and acquisitions of synergistic organizations in selected areas, reflect the strategic thrust for the organization.”
Zensar features in the top 20 Indian IT services provider by NASSCOM, and has been constantly awarded industry wide recognitions for service and delivery, along with technology led capabilities. Recently, the company won the ‘Agile Community of the Year 2015’, at the India Agile Awards organised by UNICOM, in association with KPMG.
The company’s Values constitute an integral part of Zensar’s corporate culture – Customer Centricity, Continuous Innovation and Excellence, and Commitment to People and Community is what drives Zensar to be the company that it is. Each of these values is clearly demonstrated through its business relationships with partners and customers, as well as the internal team of associates.
The company has set itself a vision to be Leaders in Business Transformation and partners with its clients to enable them in their transformation journey. With these driving values and its vision driving its every goal, Zensar has come to be known by its customers for its flexibility in spite of its growth, and its delivery excellence with continued efforts to innovate its services.
Zensar has a diverse team across its global locations – diverse by nationality, gender, having multi-faceted capabilities, expertise and experience – lending itself to the diverse needs of the clients which are equally diverse in their range – whether it be industries, scale, region, stage in their transformation journeys etc. This is the key factor in ensuring that we remain true to being a customer-centric business partner. Diversity drives the various required outcomes across the company.
Our approach to people management and our ambidextrous innovation agenda have been enshrined in two successful case studies at the Harvard Business School in USA.
CSR focus and commitment
Zensar Foundation, an independent trust operating under Zensar Technologies, leads the company’s social outreach programs and is committed to improving the community in which it operates. Its work is focused on Community Development, Employability Enhancement and Environment Sustenance. In keeping with the philosophy that employees are the biggest change agents not only in the technology marketplace but also in society, the management places much emphasis on its employees volunteering for CSR activities.
The company has been recognized for its exceptional service capabilities and industry-leading solutions, and has bagged several prestigious awards in areas such as people practices, CSR programs, R&D and sustainability initiatives. It has already spent 50 years in Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). In 2012, the company received prestigious Porter Prize Award and Asia Pacific HRM Congress Award. It has also been awarded South Africa Employer branding Award 2014. Agile Community Award 2015.
The Man behind the consistent success of the company: Dr Ganesh Natarajan, CEO & Vice Chairman
Dr. Ganesh Natarajan , the Vice Chairman & CEO of Zensar Technologies, took over the reins in 2000, after a phenomenal success story as CEO of APTECH. He had put APTECH on the global map and then moved to Zensar and has been leading the business from the helm since the past 15 years growing the business to its near half a billion dollars mark today. The company has seen steady growth in terms of consistent shareholder value, geographical expansion, global customers, some of which are Fortune 500 companies, and multiple significant acquisitions adding comprehensiveness and enhanced specialization to its capabilities and reach.
Steering the company efficiently, overseeing global operations and yet, finding team to take active part in industry level initiatives.
He is also a Founder and Board Member of Global Talent Track, a pioneer in Employability Skills Training in Asia.
Dr Natarajan was Chairman of reputed Indian software association, NASSCOM in 2008 and is a member of the Chairmen’s Council of NASSCOM. He is also a fellow of the Computer Society of India.
Dr Natarajan’s industry responsibilities include leadership of the HBS Club of India, Chairman of the National Committee on Knowledge Management and Business Transformation and the Western Region Committee on Skills for the Confederation of Indian Industry. Ganesh is a Director of Social Venture Partners India and Convener of SVP Pune. He has been appointed the Chairman of NASSCOM Foundation for 2014-16.
- Year 1922 -23 : British Tabulating Machine co.ltd., branch in India for importing and marketing punch card processing equipment.
- Year 1963 – 68: A separate manufacturing subsidiary named international computers and tabulator Indian manufacturing co. ltd., was formed. Later re-named to ICIM (International Computers India Manufacture ltd.)
- Year 1978: Business and marketing operations of ICIL taken over by company and a share issue to Indian Public was made.
- Year 1988 : ICL UK entered into agreement with RPG to jointly manage the company. Enters into software export business.
- Year 1991: ICIM’s subsidiary ICIL, promoted a wholly owned subsidiary in US, ICIM international Inc.
- Year 1994 : 10% share issued to Fujitsu, Japan. Name changed to Fujitsu ICIM Ltd.
- Year 1996 – 97 : ICIM sold its software business to ICIL and 25.1% share-holding in ICIL to Electra Partners Mauritius Ltd.
- Year 2000 : Zensar got its new CEO, Dr Ganesh Natarajan. ICIL had just merged with Fujitsu ICIM ltd to form new company Zensar Technologies Ltd.
- Year 2005: Enterprise Application Services – Oracle and SAP; New Business Unit – Innovation Technology solutions ; Expansion into South Africa and Middle East.
- Year 2010: Infrastructure Management ; Business Process Management ; Additional investments in Innovation ; Global Delivery centres in South Africa and China.
- Year 2014: Industry Specialization; New Business Unit – Digital Enterprise ; Acquisition of Professional Access – global leader in e-Commerce; 12 delivery centres and 15 sales office across the globe with over 400 customers.